My avatar
hopeandmyron
Clothie
Clothie

i need nappy help!!

Postby hopeandmyron » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:37 pm

Hiya
Im Hope a newbie here, Mummy to Myron aged 16mths
He has been in Motherease one size birth to potty nappys since he was 7wks old and fit into them (was 7wks prem)
we are having huge issues now with leakage everytime we leak out of wrap, its pants and at the moment he is in disposies and i hate them!!!!
what nappy would be recommended, someones said i should try stuffable ones and i know nothing as i have only ever used MEOS tiil now!!!
Someone reccomended the bumgenius 2.0 one size stuffable nappy yet others have told me its rubbish!!! so im stuck
also where can i get some cheap to try out?? i use cloth full time so need to make a decision asap
many thanks in advance
Hope

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:47 pm

Hi Hope, lovely to see you on here!

Pockets are a great option as you can adjust them with the right amount of stuffing for Myron. I'm also selling on my 2 parts at the moment (day time, I still use a well stuffed night nappy and wool wrap at night) purely because Louis wiggles so much and they are trimmer and I love them!!!

I have a selection of Fuzzi Bunz, Bumgenius, Pocket Bots (go for a poly print or colour which are also poly pul as the cotton may not work as well for you when you are trying out), and Happy Heineys (don't really recommend these as they are hard to get the stuffing right on in the beginning), highly recommend all the others though. My advice would be to pick up one of each and see what you like best, or if you like them all do what most of us do and have a range!!

You can have a look in the Nappy Market on here (not sure there are any pockets at the mo' though) and on thenappylady.co.uk classifieds section if you want to go 2nd hand to test. If you buy new the resale value is excellent on pockets, espeacially little used ones so you wouldn't really loose much trying.

I have heard that meos arnt' really absorbant enough as lo's get bigger. I think you would really like pocket nappies. Fuzzis and BG's are pretty excellent and most people seem to get on with them. I ALWAYS add a hemp booster to a microfibre cloth and this gives me 4 hours without leaks.

Come and ask as many questions as you like on your quest to get what works for you and Myron!

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:05 pm

WhatTory said is great advice :D

MEOS aren't the most absorbant nappies out there. As Myron has gotolder it might just be that they aren't absorbant enough to cope with the amount of wee he produces. If you don't want to spend a lot of money you could try just getting some boosters to put inside the MEOS and see if that helps.

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:11 pm

Hi,

I would definately reccommend bumgenius, fuzzi's, mommies touch or blueberry's (which should be available in the uk soon) I don't get on with happy heinys quite so well.

We use our pockets with the inserts and a hemp booster under like Tory and it last 4 hrs+.

Have fun nappy shopping and I hope you find something that works well :D

My avatar
hopeandmyron
Clothie
Clothie

Postby hopeandmyron » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:14 pm

hiya
thankyou!
Have tried boosters in the nappy and not joy there, might try putting 2 in there instead til get get new ones!! will look for fuzzis and BG i guess, argh i hate not havin clothies!!
My friend is thinkin of buyin my MEOS from me :-) whjich is great!!! my other friend used meos for the whole time til her lo was pt'd!!! oh well guess all of them are diff shapes sizes ect lol!
just need to kewep eye out for cheapy ones for sale lol!
H x

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:31 pm

I can't really add much to what the others have said - I get on equally well with my fuzzis and my Happy Heineys...
I love my one bumgenius2.0 most of all as it seems to be the most leakproof of them all even when the insert is completely soggy...

Advantage of pockets is you can stuff how you want... Hemp or bamboo with microfibre inserts over the top (e.g. fuzzi insert) seems to be the best for heavy wetters and I now find that unless she's not drinking much just the fuzzi insert will only last us about 2hours...

I like my large happy heinys more than my fuzzis in some respects as there's more space to get your hand inside when stuffing them and they also seem to take more (so more absorbent) but my fuzzis are only mediums...

Saw that you've bought some fuzzis - I love the train print one and almost bought one but have enough nappies really!!

Make sure you get some boosting to go with the fuzzi inserts - if you're at all good at sewing the cheapest way is to buy fabric from babaco and make your own!

Hope you manage to get him out of those nasty smelly 'sposables soon :)

My avatar
hopeandmyron
Clothie
Clothie

Postby hopeandmyron » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:33 am

steph where did ui get train print?
i bought 5 animal zoo print and 4 coloured plain ones on ebay, the zoo were £11.69 each and the plain were £10.60 each so i thought a good price really!!!
oohh would love train ones tho or any other cool prints but i think i need a BTP nappy really for number 2 lolol when it comes along someday as i will feel rubbish payin out for diff sized ones!!! im a tightwad!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:28 am

Bumgenius are btp as are Mummys Touch (not tried these yet, have got one on the way!!), and wonderoos (from babykind). worth having a look/try of those as well!

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:08 pm

if you otherwise like the ME OS's may i suggest the bamboo version? i have one, and it is lovely, and with the snap in booster is also very absobant and slim.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat