hf1

How long do your pockets last?

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

How long do your pockets last?

Postby tanya » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:37 pm

We use a BG MF insert and an Easy Peasy Hemp under it in all Bella's pocket nappies. Currently, she is outweeing this combo in under 2 hours :gaah: and if it left up to 2 hours, it is absolutely saturated. The last Fuzzi I took off her had been on for 2 hours and was leaking - to the extent that wee was wicking over the outer.

I know she is a really heavy wetter, but is it unreasonable to expect a pocket to last 3 hours at least?

DH keeps saying that 2 hours is fine, but I think we'd be better switching to mostly 2 parters now, to give us a bit more time between changes.

The other issue is Bella is going into meltdown mode if her nappy is very wet, especially when it starts to leak.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: How long do your pockets last?

Postby flutterby » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:40 pm

Jak lasts in a pocket until he wees, thats it, Summer can get 6 hrs :oops: :oops: :oops: out of a BBss with combo insert plus ep hemp

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:43 pm

I put a BB combo insert and 2 Easy Peasy hemp boosters in Ben's Minki pocket and this lasts 7-7 at the moment

I can use just the BG mf insert and get 4 hours - Ben is obviously not a heavy wetter :giggle:

So yes, it isn't unreasonable to expect to get 3 hours between changes. I would probably try her in 2 parters and see if it is any better.

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:45 pm

I use petit desous bamboo inserts with easy peasy hemp boosters we get 4 hours out of those sometimes longer :oops:
I do recomend them.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:47 pm

flutterby wrote:Jak lasts in a pocket until he wees, thats it, Summer can get 6 hrs :oops: :oops: :oops: out of a BBss with combo insert plus ep hemp

One of the reasons I sold the BBSS we had was that combo would last less than 2 hours as well :(

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:53 pm

I could never use the BG inserts they just didn't last at all. They put me off using microfibre.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:22 pm

Up until today all our pockets lasted between 3 and 4 hours but today I've been lucky to get 2 hours out of them. It was the first day in ages Katie's worn pockets too. :roll:

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:32 pm

tanya2007 wrote:We use a BG MF insert and an Easy Peasy Hemp under it in all Bella's pocket nappies. Currently, she is outweeing this combo in under 2 hours :gaah: and if it left up to 2 hours, it is absolutely saturated. The last Fuzzi I took off her had been on for 2 hours and was leaking - to the extent that wee was wicking over the outer.

I know she is a really heavy wetter, but is it unreasonable to expect a pocket to last 3 hours at least?

DH keeps saying that 2 hours is fine, but I think we'd be better switching to mostly 2 parters now, to give us a bit more time between changes.

The other issue is Bella is going into meltdown mode if her nappy is very wet, especially when it starts to leak.

See to me that doesn't seem like a lot of stuffing at all.

All Cole's nappies I use a WN bamboo trifold so six layers in total of bamboo terry. Then on top of this (so next to the fleece) I put a 3 layer microfibre insert in.

We never get leaks. I think the longest during the day that we've gone between changes was when he was ill and slept most of the day (I didn't like to disturb him to change his nappy) - he was in that nappy for about 7 hours. :shock: No leaks at all.

Overnight they don't leak either. I use 9 layers of hemp and 3 of microfibre which is way too much really but I like to be cautious. :wink: :lol:

I aim to change him every 4 hours usually.

Helen xx

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:37 pm

You see, your night stuffing doesn't seem very much to me. We have one of the WN trifold bamboo inserts + hemp booster and then 2 more hemp inserts, so at leat 14 layers of hemp and 6 of bamboo, and that is soaked in the morning.

Each EP hemp insert has 6 layers of hemp in it, and the BG MF inserts are quite thick too.

The combo I mentioned above was working very well until recently. The other issue (another one to add to the list), is that she is so dinky that if I add any more stuffing, the nappy will be huge and she won't be able to move properly.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat