hf1

Sitting and rolling in cloth - does cloth slow them down?

My avatar
Daisy
Clothie
Clothie

Sitting and rolling in cloth - does cloth slow them down?

Postby Daisy » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:16 pm

So sorry if this one has been done to death before, but my LO is 7 months and everyone keeps banging on at me about how she should be sitting and rolling by now. Her older sisters were sitting by 5 months (used disps). Could the nappies be hindering her? The just look big and bulky and I'm beginning to worry about it. Any advice?

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Sitting and rolling in cloth - does cloth slow them down?

Postby tanya » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:22 pm

If they do slow them down, it's only temporary.

TBH, my DD learned to roll during nappy off time, but once she'd done it without a nappy on, she quickly managed it with one too. I think the nappies actually helped her to sit as they gave her some support.

Try not to worry about it, they all get around to it in their own time. There are even some babies on my DDs birth board who still haven't rolled and they are in sposies.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:24 pm

DD is 7 months and has been sitting for about 2 months, she's not rolling, but if you lay her on the floor she screams so it's nothing to do with her nappy!

They all get there in their own time!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:32 pm

They do all get there eventually with whatever nappy there wear!

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:33 pm

I wouldn't worry about it - I know a baby in disposables who wasn't walking at 16 months, but of course nobody said anything about it being related to his nappies! I'm sure that would have been the top 'culprit' if he'd been in cloth. :evil: Babies all progress at different rates. :wink:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:02 pm

Don't worry about it, they all do it in their own time and it has nothing to do with their nappies, our lo has been rolling since she was tiny and crawling for the past couple of months but before that had been pulling herself along commando for months with no problem wearing cloth

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:03 pm

I am sure it is nothing to do with the nappy, they all just do things in their own time :D

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:11 pm

Both my boys were late sitters. My eldest was in sposies at that point and the youngest in cloth and they both mastered it at around the same age. So I'm sure the nappies have nothing to do with it. :D

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:09 pm

Isabelle was never really interested in rolling no matter what type of nappy (or not) she had on... :-?

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat