hf1

Questions about BTP nappies and newborns in cloth!

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Questions about BTP nappies and newborns in cloth!

Postby JennyPenny » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:52 am

Hi ya. I am hoping to use onesize nappies as much as possible as I will have 2 in nappies - 16 months apart when this next baby is born. So it will be easier than having loads of different sizes around.

What I am wondering is will they really go from birth? I have various pockets - bumgenious, mommys touch, wee notions to name a few and some MEOS and similar. None of them look like they will really go on a tiny baby. Elouise was only 6lb 6oz when born so very small and we had bambino mio at the time (bought before I knew about the thousands of other nappies around!) and even the extra small were too big so we used disposables for a while. She has always had thin thighs too and was actually in premmie disposables for the first few weeks.

I am just trying to work out if I need to buy any more newborn nappies or if I will be ok with what I have got. I have got about 8 or so birth to potty pockets, about 10 MEOS, a couple of small ME sandys, some shaped terries, although I can't find them :roll:, hundreds of prefolds and whatever else I can find. Probably a couple of size 1 tots bots. Can't find much in the way of wraps though. I have loads of bambino mio ones but a) I can't find them and b) they were rubbish anyway! I have a brand new wrap for a premmie baby which I am hoping will be ok for the early weeks if I have a small baby - if not I can sell on.

Anyway, I think I am just rambling on now :shock:. I have some disposables :oops: for the really early days when we are just getting over the birth etc and in hospital. But once they run out I would like to go straight to washables.

Sorry, I seem to be able to talk for England about nappies! :giggle:

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Re: Questions about BTP nappies and newborns in cloth!

Postby beck » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:58 am

We have the same age gap between Phebie and William and I used Green kids not a problem on them both right from the start. William was quite a big bigger though at 9lb 4. Hopefully others will be able to help you with some other brands.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:01 am

BGs are great we used them from about 7lb, though I did/do like our XS nappies for how trim they are!

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:16 pm

MEOS will work from birth but I just found they were so wide between the legs that they didn't fit comfortably until about 3-4 months. I found nippa fastening Easy Peasy Bumbles the best BTP that actually wasn't too huge on a newborn and still fits my three year old as a night nappy. I like that they are fleece lined too.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:26 pm

Iris was 8lb 15oz at birth. We successfully used Bumgenius from birth - I was surprised at how well they stood up to BF poo. And they're still a great fit, although we have to boost ours now (they're V2). We didn't get any WNOS (poppered) until she was a few months old, but we didn't get on with the fit on her- her legs are too scrawny for them to fit properly around the thighs. :hohoho: Beautiful nappies though. And the sized SS are wonderful. Iris' first nappy was a small WNSS. I found that the small Sandy's were great from her being a newborn - excellent containment. And they're still going 9 months later - although she is now on the loosest popper. Our size 1 tots bots also fit her from birth, although they gave her an enourmous (and I mean huuuuuge) bee-like bum. She outgrew those at about 6 months.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:45 pm

I only had MEOS for Charlotte until she was about 3 months old. She was 7lbs 4oz and wore them from birth no problems. I was impressed with the BGs on Ben from birth. Swaddlebees OV onesize nappies are also really nice on young babies, although more expensive.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:52 pm

swaddlebees OVOS would be my choice as a BTP which fits small babies as well as chunky toddlers.

Ben was a tiny 6lbs 2oz, so we used a lot of bamboo squares and a few small prefolds in the early days and little lambs size 1 (but that doesn't help with btp!)

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat