hf1

How long do you *expect* a daytime nappy to last...

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: How long do you *expect* a daytime nappy to last...

Postby flutterby » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:44 pm

Louise wrote:Mareth - we used to get compression wicking in the sling so I now use a wool soaker with longies/skirtie over the top. Otherwise I end up with a wet back! :roll: :giggle:

We used to use pockets with wraps, lol!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:46 pm

flutterby wrote:
Louise wrote:Mareth - we used to get compression wicking in the sling so I now use a wool soaker with longies/skirtie over the top. Otherwise I end up with a wet back! :roll: :giggle:

ooh, good idea. Don't have any wraps but might try pockets and wool...... Thanks Hanna

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:47 pm

Louise wrote:
flutterby wrote:

ooh, good idea. Don't have any wraps but might try pockets and wool...... Thanks Hanna

We do this with Summer, just cause we have more pockets than fitteds (at the moment :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ) but it works really well!

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:50 pm

I don't tend to let Iris go for longer than 3 hours between nappy changes. If there's an unexpected nap, she might go for 4 hours. But it's more likely that she'll get changed after a couple of hours rather than that happen.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:54 pm

Roughly every 2 hours, we get through loads of nappies in the morning and less in the afternoon. So today's changes have been 7am out of night nappy, 8 ish wet after breakfast while getting dressed 8.45 poo, 11ish wet, 1pm wet, he'll have another change when he wakes and 1 before dinner time about 5.30, then it will be night nappy.

Sometimes we have been getting super wet nappies, no extra fluids, just very wet even leaking out of wraps :shock: I was all set to order an extra million easy peasy hemps and now it seems to have slowed down again :-?

ETA I would hope they last for 3 - 4 hours, but change more frequently as otherwise as above we have had leaks :x
Last edited by AnnetteandBen on Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:08 pm

I would say 3-4 hours MAX.

If home I change around every 2 hours or so! When we are going out I add extra stuffing to the nappies so that they will last longer as it is fairly difficult trying to fit double buggys into change rooms etc :roll:

jan x

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:12 pm

I would expect 3 to 4 hours maximum but would usually change every 3. :D

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:36 pm

I would say 3-4 hours also. This is actually what nursery base their changes on and they mostly use disps - so all kids get a change at 10am, 1pm and 4pm and extra in between if needed and I would say we are pretty similar at home with timings, unless we have unexpected naps or are out and not able to do it, then it would push nearer the 4 hours.

Of course today I have changed 6 dirty nappies in 8 hours :roll:

I hate that look of a heavy disp all saggy down the leg of their trousers or bulging out of tights :nono:

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:55 pm

I would hope to get 3 hours at least, maybe a little more, especially if I've boosted knowing its going to be longer before I can change.

Even when Zach was in dispos (until he was 10 months) I changed at least every 3 hours, I hate that saggy, full nappy look - its awful.

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat