hf1

Nappies arrived!!!! look gorgeous!!!! bu another Q!

My avatar
hopeandmyron
Clothie
Clothie

Nappies arrived!!!! look gorgeous!!!! bu another Q!

Postby hopeandmyron » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:34 am

Hiya
Well myNappies arrived this am!
But my q is i was recommended to use Hemp boosters inside, does anyone know where i can ge some reasonable cheaply??? and what can i add to them til i get some??

Thanks loads in advance
Hope xxxx
Last edited by hopeandmyron on Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:32 am

My favourite hemp boosters are from easy Peasy nappies - they are £2 each and I think if you spend over a certain amount the postage is free. HOWEVER, I know when I recommended them to Hannah, they took a really long time to arrive. Although when they did arrive she loved them - so I would still recommend them, but you may want to ask how long delivery will be.

In the meantime you can use microfibre cloths to add a bit of extra absorbency or cheap face cloths. Anything goes really.

My avatar
hopeandmyron
Clothie
Clothie

Postby hopeandmyron » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:42 am

thanks for that :-)
im gonna rty adding a cotton/fleece liner in too today just to see how it goes. wil look for the hemp when get back from in laws :-)
thanks again

Hope x

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:35 pm

I use wonderfulls hemp, green acre designs or swaddlebees hemp in my fuzzis - all from babykind.co.uk

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:25 pm

Charliemum wrote:I know when I recommended them to Hannah, they took a really long time to arrive. Although when they did arrive she loved them - so I would still recommend them, but you may want to ask how long delivery will be.

Mine only took ages because I ordered a nappy too. They made the nappy as it wasn't in stock (which wasn't clear on the site) So I had to wait for it to be made. They are wicked the boosters especially considering how cheap they are compared to the hemp inserts I bought off babykind.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:34 pm

I find hemp goes hard when wet so prefer bamboo inserts!! (or folded bamboo squares!)

jan x

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:56 pm

Hi Hope,

I just bought some hemp fabric from babeco (around 8 pounds) and I made 7 or 8 inserts of 3 layers. The stiching is awful because I sew by hand but it doesn't matter as it's inside the nappies.

Gisele

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:54 am

Hi Hope, if you do get some hemp just be aware of 2 things

1 - they need loads of washing (keep getting better and better for 12 washes or more!!) til they hit max absorbancy and
2 - always put a layer of mf cloth (cheap ones from tescos in the cleaning section!!)or even a folded facecloth etc on top of the hemp as it is great at 'storage' but not very quick to absorb the initial wee!

I love hemp and easily get 4 hours out of my fuzzis with 4 layers of hemp (long Ellas house style insert whihc is 2 layers folded over so 4 layers) plus a microfibre cloth on top.

My avatar
hopeandmyron
Clothie
Clothie

Postby hopeandmyron » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:38 pm

hiya
would fleece on top of hemp work?
i dont mind washing a while before i get best absorb out of them!
at the moment we are gettin 3/4 hours out of the fuzzis with the fleece insert that came with and then 1 or 2 motherease boosters inserted into it underneath and we have had one leak only!!!! and it was a minor one, we had only 1 me insert and the fleece 3 and half hours later a small leak,
overnight we have had no leaks at all!! 2 me boosters and a fuzzi insert! so far so good

Hope

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat