hf1

ARRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

ARRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby sophie2198 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:34 pm

Sorry girls but i just need to vent big time about my nappies and no-one in real life will understand , or even care actually , so i hope you dont mind :wink: :wink:

Im just completely at the end of my tether with fluff at the moment and it is breaking my heart :( i do have alot of stuff going on IRL too so i admit its probably not helping but im so fed up :cry:

Weve been using cloth for about 15 months now with no major problems , ive always had a chubby fairly heavy wetter be we worked with him and just used extra boosting etc and everything was fine - he's always worn jeans too despite alot of people not being able to with cloth so i have been pleased about that , but recently EVERYTHING is going wrong.........

ETA: he has recently changed shape for some reason (its not like he has just learnt to walk , crawl , or hasnt been poorly and sliimed out) so this is a big part of my problems i think , and also im wondering if it could be to do with him having more control of his bladder now and doing wee's at certain times rather than sporadically??

............smelly night nappies (now ive never had to 'strip' nappies before but im thinking im gonna have to with these :( )

............no nappies fitting right apart from BBSS which ok isnt a major problem but when he goes for naps etc he needs fitteds cos of wee'ing so much, which leads me to me next problem.........

........my beloved WN NL's have even been leaking through the wrap and soaking his trousers and these were the only fitted that worked well , slim enough , didnt have to add too much extra bo osting etc that we had so now i havent got a clue.....i do LOVE my HL tri-tones and managed to get hold of a new one recently but the fit on this was awful , yet my older one i have is my most favourite nappy :-? :-? so i had to sell that

so basically im really fed up :cry:

sorry to offload on you girls and i dont expect you to even read through all this let alone reply but i feel a little better for getting it out so thankyou

sophie
x

My avatar
lucylou0417
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: ARRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby lucylou0417 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:41 pm

:hug: :hug: sophie will be back later with a proper reply but can imsgine your frustration

Lucyx

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:45 pm

As I said hun, we went through all this with Jak!

If BBSS fit I reccomend trying an SBOV SS, they are made by the same company and cut similarly, not the same though!

If NLs are still fitting I think an EP hemp booster would work well.

I think night nappies do just smell a bit, but try stipping them it should help!

:hug: :hug: :hug: You'll get there!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:46 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug: is it teething? Somehow Ben always wee's loads for apparently no reason, completely soaking everythign including clothes, and then in a few days we are back to normal.

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:52 pm

Lucy , thanx for the :hug: :hug: hun , it makes me feel abit better just writing it all down iygwim?

Hanna , the NL do fit well yeah , the plain bamboo better than the cotton though i think so may have to buy a few more bamboo ones (what a shame :wink: :giggle:) and will def look into the boosters you mentioned , thankyou :hug:

Annette , yes hes getting his final 4 bubba teeth (hes had 6 others come through in the past few weeks :shock: ) so fingers crossed once these are through he'll be back to 'normal' , its good to hear Ben didi the same so fingers crossed its just a 'phase' .

thankyou girls , no use talking to dp about this as he would just shrug his shoulder and :roll: ...although even though he wont admit it and wont use cloth (stoopid men!) i think he does like it secretly as when i have gone for a sposie on the odd desperate occasion he has aske dwhy im using them nappies instead of his proper ones?!? Why cant men just admit when they like something huh? :roll: :lol:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:54 pm

I find the limited edition cotton outers aren't a great fit, as they have no give, but you could try a cotton velour one, maybe with an embroidery, the cotton velour has lots of give so should be perfect, and very reasonable IMO!!

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:57 pm

flutterby wrote:I find the limited edition cotton outers aren't a great fit, as they have no give, but you could try a cotton velour one, maybe with an embroidery, the cotton velour has lots of give so should be perfect, and very reasonable IMO!!

ah! thats explains it hun , thankyou. I may well treat myself , sorry H , to an embroidered velour one then :wink:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:01 pm

We just ordered the blue cotton velour one with sunshine and rainbow embroideries, can't wait to get it!!! :mrgreen:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:57 pm

DD has had super smelly night nappies recently too (she's also constantly teething, at 15 months has all but the last 4 molars (3rd and 4th incisors still just coming)... it's worth doing some extra washing, I put up with it for ages but it's lovely not to have them all whiffy especially as she sleeps with us!

Have you tried tumble-drying your wraps, as well? If the fitteds are leaking through the wraps (i.e., not just wicking a bit around the legs) that should help.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat