hf1

whats the difference between boosters and inserts?

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

whats the difference between boosters and inserts?

Postby babyjjbaby » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:10 pm

sorry for askign such stupid ??? atm but am very new to pocket nappies and getting confused i think i have figured out that u need a microfibre insert on top of a hemp or bamboo insert for it to be any good but what is teh difference between inserts and boosters as easy peasy nappies have got 5 hemp boosters for £10 would these be any good?

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: whats the difference between boosters and inserts?

Postby flutterby » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:12 pm

Inserts are the absorbent part of a pocket, boosters boost any cloth nappy! the 5 for £10 EP hemp boosters are great for stuffing pockets, with something fast absorbing on top, like cotton bamboo, or microfibre

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:15 pm

ooh thanks bet u r sick to death of me lol :oops: so the easy peasy ones will be fien will they in a medium wee notions i have also got 2 other pocket nappys but think i have been using them with just a microfibre insert by accident what they came with could i use the hemp one from easy peasy topped with a cotton / terry booster think its a motherease one will hemp be ok for me as i haven't got a tumble drier well we have just never ever use it lol

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:23 pm

I use a small bamboo booster and an EP hemp booster in my M WN pocket so that should be fine! If your getting on ok with just the microofibre inserts stick with them bu if LO starts out weeing them just add a hem booster to the back

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:28 pm

excellent tahnks so much a lady on here was selling soem inserts but as i am on a budget now think i would bet better off gettinhg them from easy peasy another ??? i have just got a luvvable ready for tonights nappy the pocket bit the inside is fleece and the outside bit is microfibre and i have stuufed with a micro fibre insert and a fllece lined cotton booster so it goes fleece micro fibre fleece terry and micro fibre will that work do u think or will the fleece muck it up iyswim

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:30 pm

that should be fine just dont put 2 layers of fleece together and your set!

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:33 pm

oh ok i'll try and rember that lol just put another booster in but don't think he needs 3 boosters :-? but not sure how many layers they r so its now got a microfibre booster and 2 cotton/ fleece ones looks far too much when useally he just has a bamboozle or a terry sqaure or dispoible

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:52 pm

hehe nothing beats a big cloth bum for cuteness does it :lol: its hug on him hehe just showed him to my ma and she said she never used to boost my nappies at all even when i was a toddler she just used mothercare sqaures and plastic pants

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:25 pm

where could i get bamboo boosters as hemp goes very hard doesn't it

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat