hf1

Is this a good price?

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Is this a good price?

Postby Amanda » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:15 pm

I've found a d'lish snap in on gumtree, the seller says it's only been worn three times and wants £10. It's 20 miles from here so I asked about postage and she said probably £3 or £4 which seems a bit steep and takes it over the price of a new one. But a 40 mile round trip is a bit much too. I was going to ask her to sell for £11 inc p&p, do you think that's reasonable? Or should I be cheeky and go lower as I saw one in EUC on here went for £9 inc p&p.

My avatar
Mum2aMiracle
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Is this a good price?

Postby Mum2aMiracle » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:18 pm

£3-£4 is very steep for postage unless she was sending it special deilvery :-? and a 40 mile round trip is a bit much for a nappy, so I'd just make an offer and see, I think £11 is a reasonable offer.

My avatar
lucylou0417
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby lucylou0417 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:19 pm

I would expect to pay £9 - £10 posted for an euc itti. Any would only cost £1.45 to post first class. So i would say offer £10 posted maybe? Maybe i am cheeky :giggle:
Lucyx

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:26 pm

£11 inc postage max

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:22 pm

Thanks girls, I thought it all seemed a bit steep. Now, next question, what's the sizing like - just noticed that the one for sale is large - don't know why I overlooked that before :roll: . Kittykins shows the large as being 23lb+, does that sound right? Finn's a long long way off that. Hmmm, think I'll give it a miss, not sounding such a good deal. Maybe I'll just order a new medium for his birthday :D

Sorry, didn't really need to post at all, just thinking out loud I suppose (except I haven't been thinking out loud, I've been thinking through my fingers :lol: )

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:24 pm

The sizing is a bit off IMO, Summer and Jak both fit in larges, Summer also fits in mediums though, the medims fitted her pron birth practically

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:25 pm

sizing would be tricky - Ben wears larges but he is about 21lbs and has really chubby thighs and the mediums didn't fit well because of the low rise.

As Finn is skinny you might be better off with the mediums but again, the rise is quite low :-?

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:26 pm

flutterby wrote:The sizing is a bit off IMO, Summer and Jak both fit in larges, Summer also fits in mediums though, the medims fitted her pron birth practically

Oh Hanna, that didn't help! Well, it did help as in it was a helpful reply but didn't help my decision-making! :roll: :lol:

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:27 pm

Annette wrote:sizing would be tricky - Ben wears larges but he is about 21lbs and has really chubby thighs and the mediums didn't fit well because of the low rise.

As Finn is skinny you might be better off with the mediums but again, the rise is quite low :-?

Aargh!!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat