How many nappies do u think I'll need?

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

How many nappies do u think I'll need?

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:34 pm

Hi all

Have recently discovered I'm pregnant with our second lo. By the time baby is born, our baby girl will be 16mths old. How many nappies do u think we'll need with a NB and 16mth old?
Thx!

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: How many nappies do u think I'll need?

Postby Frances » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:38 pm

Congratulations! I seem to have a smallish stash compared to other clothies but I reckon 40-45 should be enough, assuming 6 per day per child, and washing every 3 days (2X3X6=36 with extra for spares). I reckon I'll be shouted down now by people who 'need' 70 for their two LO's!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:40 pm

It depends how many nappies you are using right now :wink:

Seriously depends on probably things like having a drier v airdrying. My 16 month old uses a minimum of 6 (up to 8) day nappies and 1 night nappy per 24 hours. Whereas as a newborn to about 3 or 4 months was using up to 12 nappies per 24 hours.

See I would say 21 day nappies for my child now, 3 night nappies (probably more night nappies for drying) then 36 nappies for newborn. However if you had some onesizes you could cut down on specific nappies and just use the same for both children.

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:43 pm

:wine: Yay! Congratulations :wine:

Not sure on the nappy side of things though, i have about 50 nappies for just one baby :giggle: I think 24 nappies per child is probably enough though!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:47 pm

Congratulations! I would say you will need a minimum of 45 nappies for both children but it does depend on how often you are going to wash them and how you are going to be drying them. When Katie was born Ryan was 2 years old. Ryan wore about 5/6 nappies a day plus a night nappy and Katie around 10/12 nappies a day. I did a nappy wash every day so could have probably managed with 25 nappies for Katie and 12 for Ryan although I had way more than that. :giggle:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:01 pm

I'm pretty sure you use your dryed don't you? so with washing every other day you could get by with 40 I think!

But then you know me, getting by isn't the way to do it now is it, we have over 100, but shhhh don't tell OH, lol, Lyra won't be using so many nappies then, if you changed her 3 hrs through the day, say, 8, 11, 2, 5, 8 I realise you can't schedule them but she will probably use 6 a day max!!!

More importantly, WHY are there no pics of Lyra on your facebook, I NEED to see her gorgeous hair!!!

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:04 am

Aww thx all, we're really happy about it!
wow 45 nappies :shock: No wonder I'm always running out! We only actually have 17 nappies that suit lo and I wash every other day (no tumble dryer atm, but end of the mth!

In our nappy stash we have;
5 x little lamb size 1 (soon to be outgrown!)
2 x wnos - we never use, don't suit lo's shape
6 x tots bots (size 2) - rarely used, not absorbent enuff and too bulky boosted

12 x wonderoos - boring to look at but our most reliable nappy, used all the time!

So I will be using the LL's and *possibly* WNOS on NB, but tots bots will be too big for a fair while.Nearer the time, I'm possibly going to get some more LL's and will try one of lo's wonderoos on NB and see what the fit is like before getting some more. THo to be fair, Lyra was in wondroos from birth and they were a great fit. Hmm decisions, decisions!
My house is going to look like a nappy shop LOL!

Hanna 100 nappies :O - where do u keep them all???????? Pics soon, still unpacking from the move lol x

Thx all, if U know of any bargains, please feel free to let me know lol!!!

Chelle xx

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:27 am

Chelle I REALLY reccomend getting some bumgenius, so reliable and WILL fit from birth!

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:21 pm

flutterby wrote:Chelle I REALLY reccomend getting some bumgenius, so reliable and WILL fit from birth!

Are these available in poppers? I've developed a real hatred for velcro!!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat