hf1

swimming

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: swimming

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:34 pm

we have a zoggs swim nappy which is popper and velcro fastening at the sides - worked fine, but never had a poo in the pool!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:36 pm

AnnetteandBen wrote:we have a zoggs swim nappy which is popper and velcro fastening at the sides - worked fine, but never had a poo in the pool!

Interestingly we have been taking Charlotte swimming almost every week for 2.5 years and never had a poo in the pool. Ben has also never pooed..........yet :giggle:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:34 pm

We have always just used a disp swim nappy :oops: never occurred to me to get any other sort, having said that I was looking at wesuits the other day. Gracie always has a swim suit on as well - too many weirdos in this world so she always hasher boobies covered!!!!!

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict
Site Supporter

Postby Little Pants » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:10 pm

The Popolino are exactly the same - side snaps. By front fastening, I mean coming up over at the front, as opposed to pull up ones IYSWIM. Popolino are made in Austria, under licence to Motherease, so are identical, but cheaper, as there's no import duty, and shipping is less. The only variation between ME and Popolino is the prints are different.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:12 pm

Ahh I see, mine was even cheaper, I got it preloved for £4 :wink:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:14 pm

We used a boots swim nappy - essentially speedos :giggle:

But I definately agree about the wet suit... Only now really can Isabelle tolerate being in a normal cosy without turning blue/purple...
Wish I'd got one to start with as the first time I took her swimming (supposedly in a more heated pool) she went blue really quickly poor thing!

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:53 pm

Thanx ladies I think i will invest in a wet suit.
I'll see what i can find nappy wise.

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict
Site Supporter

Postby Little Pants » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:21 am

Wetsuits is something I recommend for all my babies! it makes the difference between lasting in the water for 5 minutes, or lasting the whole half hour lesson! I also offer my parents an automatic part exchange on the next size up, as they really last well, but you do need to get the right size. It means for those on a budget that I usually have some second hand ones available as well. PM me if you want to know more! :wink:

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:58 am

Benjamin has never had a wetsuit and never seemed to get cold in the water, we have to drag him out after an hour and I wouldn't say the pool was warm. Perhaps he just has a good layer of flubber like me to keep him warm. The only time he got cold was in the sea in the summer!

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat