hf1

Changing bag recommendations

My avatar
afterglow
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Changing bag recommendations

Postby afterglow » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:27 pm

I sold my Ju-Ju-Be Between but kept my BeSmall. They have the most gorgeous changing mats and are terrifically practical. I will definitely get some of the Be-Mines in the new prints as I think they'd be great for organising nappies etc in other bags.

But my favourite is my chocolate brown Storksak Emily. It has insulated side pockets that take both bottles or beakers, plenty of pockets , a detachable mini-bag for purse/make-up and lots of inside space. While I was exclusively breastfeeding I used the side pockets for hairbrush and umbrella. I really fancied it in silver too but bottled out on the cost.

If I'm just popping round to a friend, I take one of those tiny M&S simply food canvas bags. Just big enough for changing mat, spare nappy, spare clothes & cup/bottle. Easy to carry with the baby in the ergo too. Mine has a union jack on and doesn't feel like a baby bag at all.

My avatar
cookiegirl
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cookiegirl » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:59 pm

afterglow wrote:But my favourite is my chocolate brown Storksak Emily. doesn't feel like a baby bag at all.

I have one of these too, dh thought it was a handbag and won't use it- he uses a skip hop one in camo. Must admit I usually end up using the skip hop one as it fits my buggy nicely :(

Think I need a new changebag..... :giggle:

My avatar
nikkib
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby nikkib » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:29 am

i've got a sammies samsonite 'weekender' style change bag and it's been absolutely fab!!! Huge and very well thought out - not to mention amusing being styled on animals..

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:38 am

Has anyone used the beConnected straps with their Ju-Ju-Be - they don't look essential and are pretty expensive

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:46 am

I'm wishing I needed a changing bag now having looked at the pics, they are lovely!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:02 am

Jasminesmummy wrote:Has anyone used the beConnected straps with their Ju-Ju-Be - they don't look essential and are pretty expensive

They rock!!!!

I found them cheapest on amazon, nor sure if they still have them though!

They obviously aren't essential, but they are very useful!

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:16 am

Thanks Hanna. Would they fit on a pram with one continuous handle (rather than two separate handles - if that makes sense)? We have this pram: http://www.perfectbabygifts.co.uk/mobi- ... -1927.html
I can't tell from the pics

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:19 am

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet