hf1

stupid question...

My avatar
aims
Clothie
Clothie

stupid question...

Postby aims » Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:40 pm

ok so i am still trying to get the hang of this nappy mullarkey (but loving it) and i need to know what inserts and boosters to get. i am randomly buying all sorts of stuff and i think i am just wasting my money on things i don't really need tbh...someone help me!!

i have fuzzis and swaddlebees mainly -so obviously have the fuzzi inserts that come with them. and i think i like the mf and hemp combo for staying dry the longest -the thing is i have a load of hemp swaddlebees inserts -and then i bought some hemp swaddlebees boosters thinking i could use them altogether -you can guess we got quite wet on the first wee. so have then realised i need the mf to soak up the wee -so what mf booster can go in the swaddlebees (using a hemp insert?) i have bought random boosters/ inserts for something or other but can't tell the difference and tbh i don't think any of them will fit in the swaddlebees. so anyone in the know or do i just have to keep guessing lol........

and as for my fuzzis - a bit easier here, but i was using the hemp boosters i got for the fuzzis on TOP of the mf insert that came with it so this is wrong too isn't it?? grr can you see where i'm at!?? all in a mess hehe.

what should i order?? i think i may have to do an 'inventory' of all my stuff haha i'm getting so confused with it all.

edited to add: the mf boosters i thought i bought were swaddlebees ones but i don't see how now -they look too wide...

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:36 pm

Poor love :!: :!: :D :D You're just not spending enough time on here to sort yourself out lol!!! :lol: :lol: :wink: No question is stupid, it can be confusing! glad you are enjoying it so much though.

Layers: Always place mf/cotton terry on top as these are quick absorbing. Next layer down put your hemp which is slow absorbing but very absorbant, think of it as your long term storage!!

MF inserts: Personally I only have ones that came with my bg's and 1 I got free from pea pods. The rest are just cleaning cloths (you can get them anywhere). I believe Tescos do 3 for under a pound - do the maths compared to 'proper' ones!! The good thing is you can fold them to suit the nappy, so for Swaddles bees you can make them as thin as they need to be. I ended up sewing most of mine together in thirds so they look like a normal booster, just to save a bit of time!

If they are Swadlebees inserts you got they should fit! I haven't personally got one that I can measure for you, maybe one of the other girls have.

As far as what you need I have 1 hemp and 1 mf per nappy plus a couple spare as they take longer to dry that the nappy so if you are stuck with drying it can be handy!

HTHS!! :D

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:37 pm

it is sooo confusing at the begginning, especially if you buy loads of different stuff (as i did!)
if you post piccies of what youve got, perhaps we can help you identify them?
also as for the inventory...i made a spreadsheet last week, and it was really fun! i felt really emabarrassed and silly for making it, and even more so for admitting i liked it, but it was a nice thing to do, and then we could all match up what things youve got which will make good sets with other things!!
hth
Shevi

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat