Could I have some wrap advice please?

My avatar
laurasaurus
Clothie
Clothie

Could I have some wrap advice please?

Postby laurasaurus » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:12 am

Hi all,

I'm still new to the world of cloth nappies and although I think I've got my day times sorted (itti bitti d'lish) I'm struggling to find my footing with night times!

At the moment I've got 3 night time nappies (1 x "nature babies - big softee", 1 x Tots Bots nippa and 1 x Popper Bumble plus 1 x Tots wrap size 1 and 1 x nature babies - multi wrap - medium) and although they seem to be working well for absorbing the peepee its the wraps that I don't think work for my little girl as they seem to leave red marks round her (rather chubby!) legs and it seems that to get the right tightness round her waist means that they are too tight round her thighs...

I've read on here that people use fleece or wool wraps at night but being the novice that I am I don't understand how these work the same as the plastic wraps? Do you think I'd be better off with a soft wrap like fleece/wool for nighttime?

Thanks in advance!

Laura x

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Could I have some wrap advice please?

Postby Annette » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:56 am

I can recommend wool - you should give it a go. You can get either wool wraps, shorts or longies. They work by treating them with lanolin (the greasy stuff that sheep produce to keep them dry!) which makes the wool water resistant while still allowing air to circulate, so not only do they act as a barrier but they also allow some liquid to evaporate and stop their little bums getting so sweaty.

I would recommend picking up a cheap second hand wrap or longies from the classifieds and giving it a go - if you buy pre-loved then they should already have been treated with lanolin a few times so will work well overnight straight away.

I promise you will be amazed

My avatar
laurasaurus
Clothie
Clothie

Postby laurasaurus » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:20 am

Thanks Annette I will go and search Classified and give it a go.... my next question is: Is a soaker the same as a wrap? There are some soakers for sale on classifieds are they what I'm looking for?!?

Thanks!

Lx

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:46 am

Well a wrap tends to be shaped like a pul wrap and made from felted wool rather than knitted. A soaker is knitted and looks like a large pair of pants. You may need to take measurements over a large night nappy just to make sure of the sizing.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat