hf1

Talk me into a wool soaker

My avatar
PoshMama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Talk me into a wool soaker

Postby PoshMama » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:04 pm

Wool scares me, don't I need to do something special with it??

I need something to go over a fitted for nights

also is there a good WAHM to use for it??

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Talk me into a wool soaker

Postby Louise » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:14 pm

Wool is fantastic and is really easy to care for. You wash and treat it with lanolin every so often once it either gets dirty or starts to smell after being aired for a day. I usually wash and lanolise our wool every 2/3 weeks. The only type of cover we use over our fitteds now is wool. It is more breathable than PUL and it allows some of the moisture from the nappy to evaporate so is fab for keeping your LO dry at night. As for a WAHM who will make a soaker, have a look at the woolly WAHMS in the list in WAHMS corner. Ali at Pixie Knits is lovely. :mrgreen:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:17 pm

I totally agree with Louise. We also use wool most of the time over our fitteds - I only own 2 PUL wraps, which are for using when DH is out and about with Bella as he is too much of a wuss to use wool :giggle:

I can also recommend Ali at Pixie Knits :mrgreen:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:09 pm

I am a wool convert and always use longies at night and now we got a lovely wool soaker today which Gracie is wearing just now while she naps. It's really easy to care for. Ali at pixi knits is great and makes such lovely things, we have a custom pair of longies and a pair of bloomers on the way. Go on take the plunge. x

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:33 pm

I ummed and ahhed for a long time before taking the plunge into wool. Lots of people had raved about how great it was, but it sounded like a lot of hard work. And, TBH, I wasn't altogether convinced that it would work. :oops: I think some bad experience with compression wicking and fleece had led me to think that anything other than PUL would just leave Iris damp and honky. :hohoho: But I'm another convert. Wool is magic. And her night nappies are so much less heavy now - wool is so breathable. We use longies, atm. But will move into shorties as the weather picks up. Definitely pick up something pre-loved, as whatever you get should be bombproof. Then, once you're converted, you can pick up the wool train and order something custom. :D

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat