hf1

STUPID APLIX!

My avatar
skaheadpunk
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

STUPID APLIX!

Postby skaheadpunk » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:02 am

Yup, you heard me - STUPID APLIX! The only nappies I have with it now are my BG and my Blueberrys. There is a damn good reason for this. I really, REALLY didn't want my lovely nappies getting trashed by aplix in the wash - but it's happened!

I had two as part of this trial thing, and they have a massive aplix band across the front, huge sticky tabs, and no wash tabs. I tried doing them up inside out in the wash, but they came undone and both stuck to the PUL of my favourite Pocket Bot, which is now pretty manky looking TBH. I am not a happy bunny. I emailed Hilary on the off chance that she has any of that fabric around, but I bet I can't get another one :cry:

Stupid things.

So my free trial nappies have just cost me £8.50 worth of irreplaceable lovely pocket bot - and they really aren't working for us anyway.

Here it is in it's former glory - the way it would have wanted to be remembered :(

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:33 am

My pb like that is not looking healthy either. Josh has a water gun rechargable holder vest thing with a HUGE strip of aplix and Louis SAT on it :evil: :evil: :evil: It also got caught on some aplix so not well pleased :evil: :evil:

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:42 am

Ahhhhhhhhh poor Ruby's pb :( :( :(

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:12 am

Grrr! how annoying, I definately favour poppers for this reason.

Hope you get another pocket bot that you love just as much :D

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:24 am

oh no! nightmare!!!

My avatar
skaheadpunk
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby skaheadpunk » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:41 am

But it was so lovely.... might appeal on the nappy lady, surely somebody has one!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:01 am

Oh no Em, I can see why you are so mad Image

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:49 am

I know it's a bit late now but littlekiwi does applix laundry tabs which are ACE! I use them on my bamboozles as I found that their laundry tabs were always coming undone in the wash...

GRRR to the annoyance though!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:39 pm

My other suggestion as I am a cheapskate is to order some applix from Babeco. They do the hook and loop sides separately so you just order the loop bit and cut it to size. As Shevi pointed out - it is not as pretty as the Little Kiwi ones but cheaper :wink:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat