hf1

Anyone dyed a Disana soaker?

My avatar
becsom
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Anyone dyed a Disana soaker?

Postby becsom » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:59 pm

Yep - at least I think it was a Disana wool wrap :-? .

Bought it preloved, washed it in washing up liquid (to remove lanolin), dip dyed with food colouring+vinegar and put in the steamer. Came out a bit mottled but worked ok :D Sadly too small for Nell. It was supposed to be a medium but I think it'd been shrunk a bit by previous owner :(

Image Image
see what I mean about it being a bit small :giggle: . My SIL saw this pic and called it 'the nappy of torture' :hohoho:

Rachel - would love to see how your Kool Aid one turned out

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:27 am

becsom wrote:Yep - at least I think it was a Disana wool wrap :-? .

Bought it preloved, washed it in washing up liquid (to remove lanolin), dip dyed with food colouring+vinegar and put in the steamer. Came out a bit mottled but worked ok :D Sadly too small for Nell. It was supposed to be a medium but I think it'd been shrunk a bit by previous owner :(

Image Image
see what I mean about it being a bit small :giggle: . My SIL saw this pic and called it 'the nappy of torture' :hohoho:

Rachel - would love to see how your Kool Aid one turned out

Lovely colours, shame it was too small.

My avatar
lollipoplizzie
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby lollipoplizzie » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:08 am

What would be a good dye to use if I were going to do it?

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:15 am

The easiest way would be to use food colouring and vinegar. Or koolaid, but that's more expensive.

My avatar
rachelinscotland
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby rachelinscotland » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:04 am

flutterby wrote:Ooo when are you due???

1st of April - but Benjamin came 5 days early, so never know! :D

becsom wrote: It was supposed to be a medium but I think it'd been shrunk a bit by previous owner :(

Yes, I have one that *was* a large (or maybe even XL!) but it's tiny now - hardly a medium I'd have thought. So I think they must be fairly easy to shrink. I've got an orange one already (which I bought unused but dyed - I think by Kool Aid - from someone else) and it has one leg hole slightly smaller than the other one (almost like the stitching of the cuff got twisted)! :-? Otherwise it's a lovely fit for Benjamin and worked very well covering his night nappies. But once I lanolised it again, it was leaving marks on his legs. So must try to do lots of stretching and have him wear it during the day a bit to see if we can get it less tight on the leg.

babyroo wrote:The easiest way would be to use food colouring and vinegar. Or koolaid, but that's more expensive.

I guess it's quite expensive to get Kool Aid from here in the UK? Guess you just need friends/family in USA to post it to you! :hohoho: You can often get packs of it over there 10 for $1 - and I only needed 2 packs for what I did yesterday. So worked out very cheap for me - but then again, I got mine direct and without any postage!

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:10 am

yep kooliad is about 45-50p a sachet from uk stockists :shock: :shock:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:09 pm

babyroo wrote:yep kooliad is about 45-50p a sachet from uk stockists :shock: :shock:

:shock: Eek, what a difference in price!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:29 pm

I used blue foodcolour on a preloved babybehinds wool wrap - it worked just fine, mottled in places but lovely.

Maybe I lust after a flutterby dyed beehinds wool wrap :oops:

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat