hf1

i have a little dilemma lol

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

i have a little dilemma lol

Postby babyjjbaby » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:08 pm

i know this is going to sound petty but our caravan opens friday and i need to split my stash into 2 lots one for the house and one for the caravan but i only have a few nice nappies have loads of terry sqaures so thats no problem but how do i choose what nappies to split lol :oops: so the terrys and prefolds can easily besplit as have loads of them lol but this is my list to what i need to try and split as its not going to be very practical taking nappies back and forwards each time i come back so my list is

1 itti bitti love
1 flexi tot love
1 pocket bot love
1 modern baby ok not fussed on it tho
2 tots bots ugly but practical
3 sandys thinking 2 home and 1 at caravan
3 weenotions love
1 fluffle love
1 fluffle aio love
1 night notion love but worried bout drying it haven't washed it yet
1 coolababy think keep at home

so what would you have at house and caravan will be spending most the time at the caravan tho but terry sqaures are most practical for carvan i think due to washing and drying facilites (i have a mini washing machien so you have to rinse and spin it seperatly then try and get dry on washing line or airers in teh awning which takes ages to dry as its so damp)
and also could do with some advice with washing them am thinking i will need to start washing them in with the clothes can't afford to use laundrette 2-3times a week for them as i was planning to and also how long do you think dirty rinsed out nappies can be left in a bucket for can see myself myself being quite wasteful tbh with teh washing machine especially when i am only at teh house for a couple of days as not going to be a full load iyswim and want to be as eco friendly as possible any ideas lol :D

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: i have a little dilemma lol

Postby Shevi » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:29 pm

i cant help with most of the dilemma...but at the end you asked about how long nappies can stay in abucket....now i'm not proud of this...it really was a mistake...and i'm only sharing to reassure you, so please dont think i'm disgusting.

3 weeks...no smells at all. pooey ones too...60 wash...all fine and perfect.

my bin smells awful with 1 sposie in it, yet my nappy bin seems to be smell free even when i forget to do a nappy wash immediately before going on holiday...and then come back and forget about it as sooo busy,...and then remeber and dredded it, really did (so waited a few more days) and was so pleasantly suprised!!!!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:34 pm

See I would probably just cart everything back and to so I had my favs with me, just leaving a day or two's worth of emergency at the caravan (you know incase of the runs, drying etc) Depends how long you are away from home for and the actual washing.

Anyhow I have just read your list and that is only 16 nappies, IMO hardly enough to split (I get 22 in the washing machine) And quite happily take nappies away for a week and bring them back.

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:36 pm

oh thats good to know i have just thought tho maybe i could get away with just putting them on a quick wash in teh machien seems a waste to put a whole 7 kg drum machine on with about 6 nappies in

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:39 pm

they are only my fitted ones tho i use terry sqaures and prefolds aswell and have about 40 terry sqaures really can't take them back and forwards as am going to be using the train and don't want the hassle everything gets left down there all the clothes and tehn i go shopping when i get there so they are not my only nappies lol :wink:

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:40 pm

oh and it will vary from being there for just a weekend but mainly for a week or 2 at a time and 6 weeks scholl holidays

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:40 pm

What would probably be the best idea is to use disposable liners (either paper ones or lovely boots ones) to get rid of the majority of the poo, which would keep the whole nappy cleaner while you are away from the washing machine.

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:45 pm

yeh i use fleece liners aswell so thats no problem tbh as am just going to put the liners in seperate nappy sacks

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:45 pm

I'd be tempted to carry my faves back and forth between the two as well. Annette's idea of using disp liners is a fab one too. You'd probably be ok washing nappies with clothes if you rinsed them on their own first.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat