hf1

I'm doomed.

My avatar
afterglow
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

I'm doomed.

Postby afterglow » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:52 pm

I bought an Ecobubs in pink/chocolate stripes and booster to try out as a night nappy. It was so pretty I just couldn't consign it to nights, so tried it for a long afternoon yesterday, and loved it. No red marks, no leaking, no wicking and I still don't know where all the wee went, it looked like it could keep going for hours. So I've just ordered another three :oops: I will try one as a night nappy, I really will...

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: I'm doomed.

Postby flutterby » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:58 pm

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

I keep getting tempted!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:56 am

afterglow wrote:I bought an Ecobubs in pink/chocolate stripes and booster to try out as a night nappy. It was so pretty I just couldn't consign it to nights, so tried it for a long afternoon yesterday, and loved it. No red marks, no leaking, no wicking and I still don't know where all the wee went, it looked like it could keep going for hours. So I've just ordered another three :oops: I will try one as a night nappy, I really will...

:hohoho: I don't see the point of them myself. Why have a wool outer AND a PUL layer. :-? On the other hand I'd love to try a napecco.

My avatar
afterglow
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby afterglow » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:14 am

:lol:

It does seem a bit redundant, Louise, but I suppose it's extra security and it just feels so darn lovely. I suppose it's just like doing a pocket in minky, the outer is mainly decorative rather than functional as the pul is the waterproof barrier.

It washed and dried brilliantly too, and the medium will fit dd for ages. Curses, couldn't there be something wrong with it?

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:50 am

I don't think it's entirely redundant Louise. I think I've come the the realisation that the fleece outer of slinki minkis is part of what makes them SO reliable. When it gets the point of no return, rather than wicking, the fleece does its job. I got a minkee (I think) one recently (second hand and not from here) and I'm really disappointed that it's not near as reliable as the fleece ones I have, and I think it's because it's not fleece.

I'd imagine these nappies would be similar in that they won't wick because the wool will start working...kind of like having a backup second line of defence :giggle:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:57 am

You may be right Mareth, my fleece outer Minki is definitely more reliable overnight than my minkee one. I still think wool and PUL together is a strange combo though.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:59 am

I don't get the wool and PUL either, because you couldn't lanolise it and I am guessing it would be harder to wash, but I am not about to start looking at more nappies!

My avatar
afterglow
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby afterglow » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:04 am

I agree! Don't go there :nono: I wasn't even looking for them, they popped up on google when I was looking for something else.

Those nappeco ones do look quite special.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:32 am

I would imagine the wool is super felted so that it can be washed at 60, and that inturn would mean it wouldn't need lanolising!

I see your point Louise, but the minkis are the only pockets that work on Jak (saying that he's been wearing Summer's neppula nappies and they are doing surprisingly well) and I'm sure that's cause of the fleece being a second barrier, like you use a soaker and longies, and i use pockets under longies when were out :wink:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat