hf1

how do you wash your nappies?

My avatar
nikkib
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

how do you wash your nappies?

Postby nikkib » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:20 am

When I had two in cloth i would do a wash every two days of just nappies, but now with only one in cloth it takes me forever to get a full load worth, so i've taken to just sticking them in with everything else :oops: anyone else do this? I haven't noticed the nappies being any less clean from being in a normal clothes wash rather than the harder wash i was doing them on.

My avatar
cookiegirl
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: how do you wash your nappies?

Postby cookiegirl » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:40 am

I've stuck the odd wet nappy in with a wash but never a pooey one.I usually give them an extra rinse if i do. I tend to only wash 10-12 nappies at a time anyway as I think they come out nicer :-?

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:42 am

i must admit I wash my nappies everyday with a few bits of normal clothes. I don't have enough nappies to leave it any longer. Well I do have enough, but I like to make sure I have them all done just in case.

I always rinse off the pooey ones anyway.

My avatar
nicola g
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nicola g » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:51 am

Just nappies here, usually every other day :D

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:53 am

nicola g wrote:Just nappies here, usually every other day :D

Same here. I have occasionally washed a few nappies with the clothes though. When I did I put the nappies on a cold rinse first and then added the clothes with the same amount of powder I'd usually use in the nappy wash and didn't have any probs either.

My avatar
littlehayley
Clothie
Clothie

Postby littlehayley » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:19 am

Louise wrote:
nicola g wrote:Just nappies here, usually every other day :D

I have occasionally washed a few nappies with the clothes though. When I did I put the nappies on a cold rinse first and then added the clothes with the same amount of powder I'd usually use in the nappy wash and didn't have any probs either.

I do the same. I never put unrinsed pooey ones in with clothes but widdley ones i have done. I always do an extra rinse on the washing programme, and use 1/3 of the amount of powder as I would with a normal nappy wash. Most of the time I wash every other day. I do a pre-wash with no detergent, add other clothes if there's room then do a normal 40 degree wash with extra rinse. Every now and again I'll wash the nappies on their own at 60 degrees.

Hayley

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:32 am

i wash every other day , sometimes every 3rd day , and its between 11 and 14 nappies max that go in the wash , dont like anymore than that to go in so if i did have more than that i would do 2 smaller loads one after the other. I have never washed nappies with normal clothes.

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Thankyou Moderators :)

Postby Allie » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:08 pm

Now Harriet is in night nappies I have no choice but to wash with other clothes as i'd never have enough for a separate nappy wash. I did occasionally wash daytime nappies with other clothes but made sure I rinsed pooey nappies very well before putting them in and always did an extra rinse at the end to avoid detergent build up.

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:00 pm

It depends really on how many days I've left it. If it's just two days I will do a cold rinse of the nappies in the machine, (icky ones have already been rinsed before I put them in the bucket) then add other washing to make a full load before doing the main wash. I still use the amount of powder, temperature ect that I would if it was just nappies.
If I've left it three days then that's a full load of nappies on their own.

Soon I'll be doing a full load of nappies everyday again.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat