hf1

What does your baby wear to bed when using a wool soaker?

My avatar
laurasaurus
Clothie
Clothie

What does your baby wear to bed when using a wool soaker?

Postby laurasaurus » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:09 pm

Hi guys,

I'm thinking that maybe I'm being a bit dim here and that you just carry on as normal when using a wool soaker over a night nappy but I wanted to double check!

Jemima has gone to bed tonight in her bumble nappy, super cool spider wool soaker (thats Mcchick! :idea: ), then her usual popper vest under a sleepsuit - is this right or should I not put anything over the wool soaker?

Thank you for humouring a cloth nappy novice!!! :giggle:

Laura x

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: What does your baby wear to bed when using a wool soaker?

Postby flutterby » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:12 pm

Sounds fine to me!

We use any fitted, boosted for night use if necessary, under longies with a tee, or under a soaker with a sleepsuit over!

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:13 pm

As long as the popper vest is not tight against the wool so that you might get compression wicking (wee squeezed out basically ;) ) it should be fine

My avatar
laurasaurus
Clothie
Clothie

Postby laurasaurus » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:20 pm

babyroo wrote:As long as the popper vest is not tight against the wool so that you might get compression wicking (wee squeezed out basically ;) ) it should be fine

Hmmm.... I did have to pull it tight to get it done up over the nappy... should I just go with nappy/soaker/sleepsuit then (she's in a sleeping bag so will be warm enough) and skip the vest as they seem to be quite tight over the nappy, whereas the sleepsuit would be loose?

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:27 pm

You could just leave the vest un-poppered

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:30 pm

laurasaurus wrote:
babyroo wrote:As long as the popper vest is not tight against the wool so that you might get compression wicking (wee squeezed out basically ;) ) it should be fine

Hmmm.... I did have to pull it tight to get it done up over the nappy... should I just go with nappy/soaker/sleepsuit then (she's in a sleeping bag so will be warm enough) and skip the vest as they seem to be quite tight over the nappy, whereas the sleepsuit would be loose?

get bigger vests/use vest extenders/unpoppered vests/leave unpoppered or if she's warm enough just leave out the vest!

My avatar
laurasaurus
Clothie
Clothie

Postby laurasaurus » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:33 pm

babyroo wrote:You could just leave the vest un-poppered

I think this will be the easiest option for tonight as it will mean I don't need to undress/redress her but I might leave it off next time...

Thanks dudes!

Lx

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:35 pm

laurasaurus wrote:
babyroo wrote:You could just leave the vest un-poppered

I think this will be the easiest option for tonight as it will mean I don't need to undress/redress her but I might leave it off next time...

Thanks dudes!

Lx

FC for a dry night for you!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:18 pm

I agree with the others. Katie either wears a non poppered vest or a poppered vest in the next size up so it's nice and loose and doesn't wick.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat