hf1

What does your baby wear to bed when using a wool soaker?

My avatar
lollipoplizzie
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: What does your baby wear to bed when using a wool soaker?

Postby lollipoplizzie » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:34 pm

I use a t.shirt instead of a vest, and then a sleepsuit and sleeping bag.

My avatar
laurasaurus
Clothie
Clothie

Postby laurasaurus » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:35 am

OK, so last night was a disaster - she was soaked through by 3am and had to have a full change!!! I think though that it may be to do with my lack of 'stuffing' knowledge rather than the soakers fault!

I used a bumble with just the insert that it comes with:

was that TOTALLY unrealistic for a night nappy?!?!?!

The thing is I have NO idea about all these different boosters and which are best for when, I've just bought some "2x Bamboo (white) booster pads, teardrop shape - from babeco" from Classifieds, will these be good for night time and if so should I use them on their own or with something else?!?

I'm so sorry for the magnitude of questions - I feel like I've got day times sorted but nights are still a bit scary!!!!

Thanks!!

Laura x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:40 am

I wouldn't think a bumble on it's own would last any child overnight. You definitely need to boost it with something. Bamboo and hemp boosters would be fab for use overnight. I usually use one of each. Easy Peasy do 5 hemp boosters for £10. We use them as boosters overnight and also in our pocket nappies during the day. If you're using hemp make sure it's the layer furthest away from your LO's bottom as it's slow to absorb but does hold a lot of fluid.

HTH

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:32 pm

Basically WSS, but I just wanted to add that those babeco bamboo boosters are great but wouldn't be enough on their own, I would add at least 2 EP hemp in the pocket bit but put the snap in booster on top IYKWIM! Jak used to use a bumble with 1 EP hemp in the day and it would only last 3 hrs!

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat