is my DD the only kid in just a nappy at night'?? and she sweats to death

is she weird???

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Clothes to bed???

Postby Frances » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:11 pm

Your daughter co-sleeps with you doesn't she? How warm is your bedroom? My daughter's room is usually 14 degrees, and she wears a long sleeved bodysuit, sleepsuit, and a 2.5 tog grobag!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:12 pm

I would say it's pretty unusual but likewise depends how warm the room is and what covers she has and whether she co-sleeps or not...

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:15 pm

Yes that sounds rather unusual, my DD turns purple the moment you take her clothes off!

My avatar
PoshMama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby PoshMama » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:16 pm

of course she co-sleeps she is attached to me (or DH) 24/7 it seems :roll: :giggle:

IDK how cool our room is, Dh usually says it's cold and we say it's hot. We're Leo's though and he is an Aquarius, maybe that is why?? ROFL

It is rather strange, unless it has something to do with her medical condition

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:19 pm

So what covers do you use?

Grace has been co-sleeping and while I've wanted to be under the duvet in my PJs she's quite happy with no covers at all just wearing a vest and sleepsuit - whereas during the day she needs two blankets so I would say the co-sleeping has a lot to do with it...

PoshMama wrote:of course she co-sleeps she is attached to me (or DH) 24/7 it seems :roll: :giggle:
:giggle: :giggle:

PoshMama wrote: It is rather strange, unless it has something to do with her medical condition
It could well be something to do with it - so many medical conditions affect body temperature regulation and especially if the body is fighting something then that will keep temp hotter...
Does she have a temperature or feel hot to the touch or is she just very sweaty? Might be worth mentioning it next time you see someone about her condition...

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:12 pm

Gracie just wear either longies, or a soaker with a pj top, we don't have any of the upstairs heaters on but our house being brand new is really well insulated so we don't need heating on, I have it on downstairs though.

My avatar
PoshMama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby PoshMama » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:23 am

This is a new flat so the lounge is cold and bedroom hot

I use a muslim blanket on her, I bought way too many if you want any for Grace. I like them cause they are thin but warm, you can't smoother yourself

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat