hf1

Ebay cheap nappies like BG

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Ebay cheap nappies like BG

Postby sophie2198 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:20 pm

I dont think i could bring myself to buy one , or especially put one on my baby based purely on the brand name alone - naughtybaby :shock: not very nice , and i just googled naughtybaby diapers to see if there was any info on them and :shock: :shock: :shock: at the results i got! Nothing to do with baby nappies i can assure you :evil: yuck , definately not nice *shudders*

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:51 pm

sophie2198 wrote:I dont think i could bring myself to buy one , or especially put one on my baby based purely on the brand name alone - naughtybaby :shock: not very nice , and i just googled naughtybaby diapers to see if there was any info on them and :shock: :shock: :shock: at the results i got! Nothing to do with baby nappies i can assure you :evil: yuck , definately not nice *shudders*

I did that too earlier :shock: :shock: :shock:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:57 pm

I saw the name and it put me off, didn't realy look any further though!

My avatar
newmummy2be
Clothie
Clothie

Postby newmummy2be » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:46 am

interested to know how did you get on with the nappy you got.
Did you try it out yet?

My avatar
Cherylw
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Cherylw » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:59 pm

for cheap nappies from ebay - i bought some coolababy nappies (which are popper not velcro) - they came from china or hong kong, and they are really good! size wise for waist and rise they are comparable to a Bumgenius.

They worked out about £5.00 a nappy including p&p.

My sister bought a pack of 24 - which worked out about £4.24 a nappy (and she didn't get slapped with customs charges!)
The only problem is she hasn't been able to use them yet as her baby is 8 weeks old, but is REALLY skinny, a bumgenius fit him for the first time the other day, but the coolababy nappies are a bit bigger on the leg so are still a bit big on him, but i've used them on Charl since she was about 4 months (i think), and have had no problems whatsoever with them!

I wonder if the time they quoted of changing on the naughty baby nappies was more to do with the inserts not being very absorbant? i dont use the microfibre inserts that came with the coolababy nappies- i use a little lamb bamboo insert with an easy peasy hemp insert, and they easily last 4 hours!

take care,

Cheryl

My avatar
Raaraa
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Raaraa » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:33 pm

Hiya,

Well they are very cheaply made, but are very similar to BG is style. The white one is twice as thick as the blue one, not sure why. I got a BOGOf offer so only paid £3 for 2........£3 too much!
I did think they would be rubbish as mentioned if you only use the insert that it comes with it will last about 1/2 hour, if you boost it with bamboo and hemp them i managed to get a couple, I have got a very heavy wetter thou.
After the first wash the PUL type material in the inside had started to peal off!
I was going to put them back on ebay but hated the idea of some poor other mum thinking they had got a bargain...so they went in the bin! :giggle:

xx

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:49 pm

Cherylw wrote:
My sister bought a pack of 24 - which worked out about £4.24 a nappy (and she didn't get slapped with customs charges!)

I don't think there are any customs charges on nappies :-?

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:46 pm

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: at the grammar in that listing! i don't normally like to laugh at other people's attempts at speaking english, but that was a pretty entertaining read! Kinda like the instructions for a buggy i got from Hong Kong (which broke the first time it was used :roll: )

I dont think id buy any of them if they were 99p, never mind £7 rrp! :shock: I hope there arent too many people who buy these then get put off using cloth because of rubbish nappies...

Gayle xx

My avatar
Raaraa
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Raaraa » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:35 pm

That's what I thought Gayle.
Lots of people who fancy cloth try ebay first, and think these look like a good deal.
I could write a review in my feedback!! :lol:
May not go down well with the seller thou.

"thanks quick delivery, great comunication...absolutely rubbish nappies! +++++ for being pants!"

Chiara

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat