hf1

French soy terry

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

French soy terry

Postby JennyPenny » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:50 pm

Hello. Basically I LOVE my new UDNN for Elouise and have just bought a second one and as long as we are still getting on with it when I have sold some nappies, I will be ordering a 3rd so we can always have one at night. Anyway, the fabric suits us so much because it is soft, slim fitting and very absorbant so absolutly perfect! I was wondering if any other nappies use this fabric? Or if anybody knows where I could get my hands on some of the fabric to make some inserts?
OR is this something that is exclusive to UD? We can't afford to buy brand new nappies in general (the NN was essential really as nothing else worked and couldn't find any preloved).

If anybody could help me out on this I would be very grateful!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: French soy terry

Postby Louise » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:52 pm

AFAIK UD are the only ones who sell nappies made from it. I'd never seen it before until they introduced NN's made from it.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:56 pm

WSS

though a lady has just started selling it though a wholesale group so it is possible there will be more WAHMs making nappies from it!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:09 pm

flutterby wrote:WSS

though a lady has just started selling it though a wholesale group so it is possible there will be more WAHMs making nappies from it!

Ooh, that would be interesting.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:11 pm

I'm a bit wary of the unknown, but maybe I should buy an UDNN to see what I think!

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:20 pm

Well Elouise will soak through hemp/bamboo stuffed till she can't stand up in her other NN but her UDNN isn't much more bulky than a daytime nappy and she still has dry patches on it :shock: and thats under PUL. When we get some wool sorted it should be even better. AND I only prewashed it once and had no leaks! The other night she had a bad night and ended up sleeping in till 9.30 so was in her UDNN from 6.30pmish til 9.30ish, maybe even slightly later. Still no sign of it wanting to leak and she was quite comfy in it.

The wholesale materials - can I ask how you get into all that? My friend really wants to start making and selling nappies but doesn't have a clue where to start with buying materials? She would probably make me some french soy stuff if she could get hold of it too! :D

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:22 pm

flutterby wrote:I'm a bit wary of the unknown, but maybe I should buy an UDNN to see what I think!

Not sure what size you are in but if you bought one in large and wasn't happy with it, I would buy it off you as we are going to get another one when we have the funds anyway. :D

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:51 pm

I guess I could get one for Jak, but really we are more in need for Summer and I'm pretty sure she'd need a medium

My avatar
lollipoplizzie
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby lollipoplizzie » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:42 am

I've seen lots of people raving about the UDNN, I'm really tempted but I have a medium UD pocket that really isn't the right shape for DD so I'd assume that the UDNN would be the same cut. :cry:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat