Postby flutterby » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:56 pm

I think soy is the type of fabric, like bamboo or hemp :wink:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: French soy terry

Postby flutterby » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:59 pm

juboo752 wrote:Although my UD NN is Bamboo French Terry the fabric is flat like jersey not like normal bamboo terry, not sure if the "French" bit makes a difference or whether this is even relevant to the thread (just ignore me if it is :lol: ) but thought i would mention it, also i think this fabric is alot more absorbent than the traditional bamboo terry :oops: :-?

I assume they must put he flat side up like I do with bamboo and hemp fleece

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:03 pm

Yeah must be :-? , i'm tempted to take one apart now :roll: :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:07 pm

juboo752 wrote:Yeah must be :-? , i'm tempted to take one apart now :roll: :giggle: :giggle:

:giggle: :giggle: I actually would, I took a few apart whist I was designing mine

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:10 pm

Oh I was really hoping somebody would know where I could get hold of some french soy! I would have made my own inserts! Just love the fabric and haven't found much else we get on with.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:14 pm

Hope you find something

My avatar
mythreelittlemice
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mythreelittlemice » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:22 am

French Terry refers to the knit of the fabric - generally smooth on one side with loops on the other. There is also stretch terry which will contain a stretch type fabric for elasticity.

The bamboo french terry I use is milled specifically for the purpose of nappy making and incredibly absorbent for it's slimness. The bamboo is combined with cotton in the same way that hemp is for hemp french terry, hemp fleece etc.

I did an awful lot of research into soy before I started using it and, as far as I can tell, the only nappy companies using soy are those who use soy jersey. This is more of a clothing (underwear) fabric so certainly not suitable for absorbency unless you used an awful lot of it! There are no soy french terry suppliers in the UK at present although I am in talks with Elaine at Eco Earth to start stocking it. Obviously I know that means that every man and his dog can start making soy nappies but it's a great fabric and I feel we shouldn't be hogging all it's loveliness to ourselves lol!

Jenny, we are currently awaiting our next delivery (it goes so quickly!) but I might be able to spare enough for you to make some inserts. If you are interested, please pm or email me. :D

Fi x

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:48 am

mythreelittlemice wrote:The bamboo french terry I use is milled specifically for the purpose of nappy making and incredibly absorbent for it's slimness. The bamboo is combined with cotton in the same way that hemp is for hemp french terry, hemp fleece etc.

Is it possible to buy this (Bamboo french terry) in the UK?? Had a quick look on-line yesterday but just bought up US sites :(

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:06 am

I've seen it, I think, it wasn't for sale as 'french' terry, but as one sided terry, but I would think it's the same, if I remember where it was I will shout!

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat