Postby flutterby » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:57 pm

Yup bold rocks!!

My avatar
worcestercat
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Wow - Bold 2-in-1

Postby worcestercat » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:57 pm

:idea: I thought Bold 2 in 1 was a fabric softener and washing powder?
I think fabric softeners affect the absorbancy of fabrics over time so not recommended for washing nappies in. :shock: It doesn't affect them permanently, just until you 'wash it all out' again.

Just thought it worth mentioning. :wink:

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:04 pm

worcestercat wrote::idea: I thought Bold 2 in 1 was a fabric softener and washing powder?
I think fabric softeners affect the absorbancy of fabrics over time so not recommended for washing nappies in. :shock: It doesn't affect them permanently, just until you 'wash it all out' again.

The conditioner in Bold is clay-based so doesn't coat the fibres in the same way that other conditioners do and so doesn't affect the absorbancy.

I love the apple and lime one too but I haven't been able to get it for ages :( And i don't really like the other flavours.

My avatar
worcestercat
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby worcestercat » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:12 pm

babyroo wrote:
worcestercat wrote::idea: I thought Bold 2 in 1 was a fabric softener and washing powder?

The conditioner in Bold is clay-based so doesn't coat the fibres in the same way that other conditioners do and so doesn't affect the absorbancy.

I love the apple and lime one too but I haven't been able to get it for ages :( And i don't really like the other flavours.

Fantastic! :idea: It must be a woman who invented that then? :wine:

My avatar
Sparkle
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Sparkle » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:04 pm

Yup - another bold fan here but....I deviated and saw Surf on offer in Asda and now her bum is so so sore so going back to bold now. Wish I hadn't gone and spent a stupid amoutn of money on surf now grrrr

My avatar
chezalan
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby chezalan » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:00 pm

Iv only ever used bold 2 in 1 even before cloth, find it so much nicer than other stuff and iv used cloth for over a year with no smells whats so ever, not once had to strip any of my nappies......Im using the liquid at the min and have to say i do prefer the powder too....plus its cheaper

My avatar
lollipoplizzie
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby lollipoplizzie » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:37 pm

I've just tried Surcare but I'm sure it is what's contributing to DDs red bum. Still not found a detergent that doesn't cause a rash.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat