hf1

minkee liners....

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

minkee liners....

Postby sophie2198 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:16 pm

does anyone know where i can get them from? I am desperate to try some as am really not liking my fleece liners anymore now they are *tired* iygwim. I know that WN do them , but does anywhre else stock them? Also is it possible/easy to make your own or would it work out more expensive that way?

many thanks

xx

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: minkee liners....

Postby flutterby » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:22 pm

Buy half a metre of minkee from nappies by minky and cut it up :wink:

My avatar
nikkib
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby nikkib » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:24 pm

if you have a sewing machine it should be possible to make your own without too much problem... chop into sections, and then go round the edges in a wide but thin ( VVVVV style ) stitch to stop it losing thread. or overlock if you have an overlocker! don't need to do this with fleece as it doesn't come apart... but i don't know that minkee does this so better safe than sorry i guess!

i haven't come accross anyone else making them.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:28 pm

No you just need to cut it, it doesn't fray!

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:35 pm

flutterby wrote:Buy half a metre of minkee from nappies by minky and cut it up :wink:

i thought of that but wasnt sure how many liners half a metre would make?....and whether it would end up cheaper to just buy from WN?...i like my liners to cover as much of the inside of the nappy as possible iygwim?

xx

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:41 pm

TBH I wouldn't get minkee liners again. My WN ones all curled up in the wash and don't lay as flat as the fleece ones.

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:51 pm

Louise wrote:TBH I wouldn't get minkee liners again. My WN ones all curled up in the wash and don't lay as flat as the fleece ones.

thats interesting to know :-? its just the feel of the liners i dont like anymore and also the fact that they are all bobbled!

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:48 pm

Just buy some fleece and make new ones! I know what you mean, I loved mine when they were new and you don't really notice them getting bobbled and tired but suddenly you just don't love them any more. :giggle: It's handy to be able to cut them to exactly the size you want, and shouldn't be too hard to get hold of (she says...).

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:08 pm

Ive ordered 10 minkee liners so will see how i get on with them/how they fair after washing etc....if i dont like them can always sell them! :wink:

sophie
x

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat