hf1

would you expect a wet nappy to last 4 hours?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: would you expect a wet nappy to last 4 hours?

Postby Annette » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:24 am

We usually change every 3 hours (nursery do too, even the kids in disposables) but I know that the nappies will last 4 hours or more if for some reason he doesn't get changed.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:17 pm

4 hours :shock:

I don't think we can go that long! Today's nappies have been
9am change out of night nappy into nappy
10am (ish) nappy check dry at getting dressed (sometimes wet sometimes not)
11.45 nappy soaking - left so long as we were out shopping and changed when we got in.
1.15 nappy wet
he is asleep now and will have another 2 changes before his night nappy at 7 - 8ish

Yesterday was a swimming day and we got through far more nappies, that was a night nappy off / clean day nappy on, wet getting dressed, poo change, then dry for swimming replaced with an afterswim / night nappy (qf with 3 ep hemp), another 2 or 3 wet nappies during the day and wet normally means soaking.

My avatar
clumsymumsy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby clumsymumsy » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:32 pm

[quoteI usually change every 3 hours, but like the security of knowing a nappy would last 4 hours or more if needed. I hated the faffing about that was required with mandatory 2 hour changes when she was in pockets ][/quote]

Yes I think this is the key! Knowing that you are changing in order for LO to be more comfortable. Not because you are afraid of leaking!!

My avatar
Kaska
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Kaska » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:07 am

clumsymumsy wrote:[quoteI usually change every 3 hours, but like the security of knowing a nappy would last 4 hours or more if needed. I hated the faffing about that was required with mandatory 2 hour changes when she was in pockets ]

Yes I think this is the key! Knowing that you are changing in order for LO to be more comfortable. Not because you are afraid of leaking!![/quote]
My LO can wear nappy for more than 4 hours too,but I also change him every 3-4 hours.Also if he has a pocket with cotton outer I change him after 3 hours.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat