hf1

UD soy french terry - How long to dry??

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

UD soy french terry - How long to dry??

Postby sophie2198 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:13 pm

HI im wondering if someone who has one of the UDNN in soy french terry can advise me how long it takes to air/line dry please?

I received ours yesterday and it is fab! I cant beleive how slim it is , and how much space there is to stuff in the 'pocket' if needed :) H wore it yesterday during the morning as i was doing a nappy wash last night so thought i may as weel get some use out of it first lol. It lasted 2.5 hours and then he did a poo so dont know how it would have truly lasted but i was impressesed as that was obviously with no prewashes and just the insert it comes with , nothing else. Didnt have a wrap on top either and the ooutside was still dry , so am feeling confident it will be good at nights.

I washed it today (didnt get round to doing it last night) and have put it on the line to dry.....it looks like it will dry fairly quickly being as it is so slim but is it? Or does it take an age to dry like bamboo? Also can it be tumbledryed if needed?

many thanks,
xx

My avatar
pookie3101
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: UD soy french terry - How long to dry??

Postby pookie3101 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:00 pm

Yes dries fairly quickly - quickly than bamboo anyway. I guess it can be tumbled. I have some san pro that I've tumbled & it's ok.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:32 pm

yep they dry pretty quick, I had ours n the line for 1 1/2 hours or so and it was just damp so gave it a quick 10 min tumble with all our other nappies and it is fine. They are great night nappies, we get 12-13 hours under wool with ours, I do add and easy peasy to it sometimes and I fold the insert in 4 rather than 3 as I find it fits better. x

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:49 pm

They seem to dry pretty quickly - definately quicker than bamboo. I've tumbled mine as well with no ill effects!! We've found them really effective - the outside of the nappy is only damp in the morning, certainly not soaking wet. Like Kirsty, I also fold the insert into 4 instead of 3 - it seems to fit so much better.

Cathleen xx

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:44 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: well i cant beleive it.....i had it on the line for 2 hours....then popped the heating on for half an hour as it was chilly early this evening and after 30 mins on the radiator it was bone dry throughout!!! :shock: :shock:

How FAB is that?! :wine: :wine:

Obviuosly i need to see how it copes overnight but if its ok i will definately have to get afew more as they just dry soooo quickly compared to WNNN!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:52 pm

I can't wait to see it, I'm very intriguesd by the soy fabric!!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:53 pm

Have you ordered on Hanna???? I am going to send ours to Claire to dye and paint - at some point !!!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:01 pm

I'm very tempted to get Claire to paint one for me too.

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:03 pm

Kirstyh wrote:Have you ordered on Hanna???? I am going to send ours to Claire to dye and paint - at some point !!!

No , im sending mine to Hanna so she can work her magic on it!! I cant wait!! :wink: :wink:

xx

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat