hf1

how long should i wait?

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:17 pm

clothmama wrote:
Velvetsteph wrote:Shame there's no "minimum posts" rule for the classifieds like there is for the WAHM section!!

Norty girls!!! they don't have to come and talk to us you know!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Might not be a abd idea to be honest!! The other cloth nappy forum sire I go on has a min length of membership and must be an 'active' member to buy and sell! Kind of protects us from the scammers etc!

Just a thought :wink:

jan x

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:34 pm

Nappyjan wrote:
clothmama wrote:
Velvetsteph wrote:Shame there's no "minimum posts" rule for the classifieds like there is for the WAHM section!!

Norty girls!!! they don't have to come and talk to us you know!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Might not be a abd idea to be honest!! The other cloth nappy forum sire I go on has a min length of membership and must be an 'active' member to buy and sell! Kind of protects us from the scammers etc!

jan x

I think Jan has a good idea about min no of posts so you get to 'know' the person before they just come and sell and perhaps cause the problems TNL is going through at the moment.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:03 pm

Annette78 wrote:
Nappyjan wrote:
clothmama wrote:

jan x

I think Jan has a good idea about min no of posts so you get to 'know' the person before they just come and sell and perhaps cause the problems TNL is going through at the moment.

gosh, I really hadn't looked at it like that before :oops: Hmmmmmm, its a tricky one isn't it - will it just turn people away or will it encourage active users??? Will have a ponder and a chat with Mr Clothmama (although not now too much pmt crossness to speak to him!! :evil: :evil: ). Be interesting to see what everyone else thinks too as its pretty unanimous so far!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:20 pm

I think something low like a min of 20 posts to start with would be fine before you could sell something, especially if referenced to what has happened with TNL as there are loads of posts about it on BC and used as a way to try and stop the scamming and not to be a pain to stop people selling.

Realisticaly us chatterboxes are posting I guess about 10 times a day and if someone was to introduce themselves, chat or answer a couple of threads within a couple of days, min a week they could sell.

Just my opinion!

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:23 pm

I too agree on a min posts amount before they sell on here. I think it does just give us abit more protection from scammers. The person i have opened a PP dispute with had very few posts and i hadn't cottoned onto that because of how UKPL classifieds system is laid out. She has about 11 posts and was selling goods and as mine hasn't arrived and had very little correspondance from her i am only assuming she never intended posting the goods :x :evil: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: It's always a select few that spoil it for others but yes i would think a Min. posts thing can only be a good thing IMO. HTH Tory :D

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:25 pm

I totally agree - and I think you should be able to automatically block posting on certain bits without the min no. of posts...

Many of the sling websites insist on a min number of posts before you can buy (i.e. post on the FSOT section), sell or trade - and one of them was 50 and minimum 3months membership which did seem a bit extreme to me but has apparently stopped most problems and they copied the idea off another forum!

BTW I would open a paypal dispute NOW!! :)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:36 pm

hmmmmmm more thinking!!!

Can someone go onto the bc facebook group and there is a link to here but I haven't mentioned the classifeds but you can add a comment, if someone else does it it won't look like I'm being pushy!! tia!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:41 pm

Tory I don't think you have accepted my request to be a friend yet I don't know if I can access the BC cloth group but I could try.
Last edited by AnnetteandBen on Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:51 pm

Annette you beat me to it~!!

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat