hf1

cloth and chemo?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: cloth and chemo?

Postby Annette » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:00 pm

oh no hun, don't feel bad at all. disposables have their place, whether it be convenience or in this case a medical reason.

I like Annette's suggestion of something cheap like terry squares

Must be tough seeing such a little person go through so much :hug: to you all

My avatar
Lora1984
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Lora1984 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:46 pm

thanks ladies, will bear the good old terry squares in mid if we need anymore chemo, grea suggestion and worth a thought!! atm next option there considering is radio active plaque placed into his eye, or direct chemo injections into the eye, guess we will have to wait and see.xxx thanks again!! its ages since ive been on here, made myself at home again me thinks!!! xxx

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:37 pm

I agree with Hanna, absolutely no need to feel guilty :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:38 am

i agree with everyone. there is a time and a place, and this does sound like a time for sposies.

giant huggles to you, doesn't sound like much fun...maybe if you do go down the terry route, (tho wraps whould still be a prob) at least buy some bright bots to skim some of the joys of nice fun coloured clothe as a pose to boring old white (or disney) sposies

My avatar
Lora1984
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Lora1984 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:49 am

OMG hello Shevi!!!!! long time no spk, wondered if u were still about, i do have some bright bots, lol
incase u dont remember its Lota off BC, we used to chat a lot when Logan was small, we also bought and sold eachother a few nappies!! how are u and yours? xxxx

My avatar
becsom
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby becsom » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:52 am

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sounds like you've had a really hard time.

I don't even think cloth is even an option while having some forms of chemo. The waste products can be too toxic to be dealt with in the home (ie washing) and must be incinerated so i reckon you HAVE to use sposies.

(I work in the pharmaceutical industry and it's a big no-no to put a lot of chemicals/drugs down the sink/drains, which is effectively what you would be doing by washing cloth with toxic waste in them).

Hope things go well with the treatment (sounds awful :hug: )

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:16 am

Lora1984 wrote:OMG hello Shevi!!!!! long time no spk, wondered if u were still about, i do have some bright bots, lol
incase u dont remember its Lota off BC, we used to chat a lot when Logan was small, we also bought and sold eachother a few nappies!! how are u and yours? xxxx

course i know who you are!!!! I am still about (tho must admit to being a bit lax about actually using my cloth...but it does still look lovely and bring me great joy!! and i probably still have some nappies that started life as yours!!!!) and have made this place my new home (tho unfortunately dont even have a huge amount of time to spend on here anymore :(...oh well, i'd hate to be bored!!) Stay here, everyone is lovely, it feels small cos its so friendly, but is also nicely large that if you post a qu or an ad you get loads of response! (and no one is petty about what you can and cant say :) )

How is Logan? and how old is he now? (you need tickers :) ) and how old is Ryder? He sounds like he has really been through the mill the poor poppet. (and you, how are you managing? post loads more, then join the 'private area' where you can rant to your hearts content in privicy)
have you tried reflexology to deal with any side effects of treatments? A friend of mines father sweared by it, and i know loads of people who swear by it for all sorts of things with kids cos of the lack of risk and side effects.

shevi
xxx

My avatar
Lora1984
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Lora1984 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:26 am

well. Logans just turned 3 on the 10th april Shevi, hes PT but sometimes bedwets so is in cloth most nights, Ayeshas 5 1/2 and Ryders almost 14mths, was diagnosed with Retinoblastoma at 6mths. hadnt thought about reflexology for him tbh, again worth bearing in mind. soo nice to spk to you, i often wondered how u were!! ill defo keep posting, worrying thing is, my cloth addictions back with a vengeance! oooops!!! xx

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby moonfruit » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:09 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Nothing more to add, completely agree with the others.

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat