orders from France??

My avatar
clumsymumsy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

orders from France??

Postby clumsymumsy » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:04 pm

Hi ladies
A friend of a friend, French, living in Germany, wants to buy cloth nappies. Anybody know a good French (or French-language) web site? I only know English ones.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: orders from France??

Postby flutterby » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:14 pm

Rachel (rhead) should be able to help

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:21 pm

I have had a couple from here http://www.ethangelie.fr/

there sizing is small but v pretty- i did have 2 lovely pockets and i am tempted to get another

sarah

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:12 pm

I know some forums for 2ndhand stuff, and most people will probably post abroad... I could also give her loads of sites for WAHMs and resellers, just let me know what sort of thing she's interested!

I agree, most French-made nappies come up a bit small, especially in the rise. :-? She'll also find for non-French stuff (UK or US makes for example) it's a lot cheaper to buy from the UK as the pound is so low!

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:48 pm

I've ordered from Ethangelie, maman-pelican et arbrinic (although for fabric but they do sell nappies and their site is in english too) without any problem

Well if she googles "couches lavables" in google .fr then she'll have a list of all the french sites, some of which have been transalted into english
I can think of p'tits Dessous, Lulu Nature which have transaltions in english.

Happy to help with any translations too.

My avatar
clumsymumsy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby clumsymumsy » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:53 pm

Hi ladies, thanks very much for the suggestions! I will pass these on.

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Little Pants » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:41 am

I hope I'm allowed to put this here, but my site is a European site with French translations available. There's VAT on nappies in Europe, but it doesn't apply to nappies purchased from UK, wherever you live in Europe. So it's much cheaper to buy them from a UK site.

Buying European made nappies as opposed to nappies made in Canada, China, Australia, saves thousands of miles of transport, and can only be good for the environment. It doesn't seem to make any sense to me to be importing nappies from tens of thousands of miles away, when there are equally good (if not better) nappies made here in Europe!

http://www.littlepants.co.uk

(Sorry mods if this is breaching rules - it just seems very relevant to this thread!)

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat