hf1

why when i am trying to be good....

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

why when i am trying to be good....

Postby Shevi » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:39 pm

...do you all fill the 'sale' boards with teeny tiny nappies and wraps and other useful (and much wanted) stuff!!!???

1. i am supersticious, so generally either dont buy for baby before birth, or if i do (cos brain would send me crazy otherwise about all the disorganisedness!!) it is only the basic necessaties, and i store them at my mums...

2. i dont know if its a girl or boy (but superstition would stop me telling anyone once i do know!!!) so it would be a shame to buy white if later i could choose colours!!!

but in the last week we have had pretty much my whole shopping list posted on here!!! so i am really struggling!!!

i will have to find someones wifi to tap into in hospital, and then when the sprog (please g-d) has that first Looong sleep, i will rush online and buy EVERYTHING!!!!!! i should really start storing the paypal.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: why when i am trying to be good....

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:58 pm

Could someone (e.g. SIL etc) buy them for you and store them?

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:25 pm

Hard :x See I had everything ready for Ben from early on. But yes perhaps ask people to buy them for you :wink:

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby moonfruit » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:31 pm

It's a hard one. I bought everything really early on. And am toying with the idea of nb nappies and I'm not even pregnant yet :roll: But I agree with the others, could someone else get the things for you?

My avatar
pookie3101
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby pookie3101 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:48 pm

I'm like you, superstitious, & buy very little before the birth. My 1st baby had a few sleepsuits & a moses basket & that was it. I guess your options are for someone else to keep them for you or hope that people are selling the same kind of things in 6 months time. It's just so typical though especially when you know what you are looking for.

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:55 pm

Sods law hay!! :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:58 pm

Getting someone else to store them for you is a good idea. I bought hardly anything for Gracie (unserdsandbly) but we did know what flavour she was so very late on I bought all her lovely Jasper Conran bedding - well it was in the sale and the whole lot cost me £46 when just the coverlette was originally £50 - ooh I love a bargain :giggle:

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:13 pm

Kirstyh wrote:Getting someone else to store them for you is a good idea. I bought hardly anything for Gracie (unserdsandbly) but we did know what flavour she was so very late on I bought all her lovely Jasper Conran bedding - well it was in the sale and the whole lot cost me £46 when just the coverlette was originally £50 - ooh I love a bargain :giggle:

oooh good bargain!!!

i figured that my mum has the cradle (she used it for all of us!!) and she will replace the matress as soon as sprog is born. car seat i will borrow (mine is no longer safe) till i get online and buy car seat and buggy (my current pram has also not survived the amount of air travel i do :() but i should eb able to get 48 deliivery on most things.
clothes...i ahve all my boys things in the loft, and my sil's have girl thinsg too...and i will buy 1 pack of new for in my bag ;)
and basically bar nappies that is it!!!
i suppose realistically i'll be using sposies for a bit anyway, so its another case of order online from places that can deliver in 48 hours.

but such great bargains on here now!!!!

My avatar
Lora1984
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Lora1984 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:29 pm

typical isnt it Shevi? i gt tempted by teeny nappies and im not even pg yet!!! but then theres also the fact that when Logan was little tghe choice wasnt nearly as big as it is now and i may change my mind lol. i like the idea of people getting them for you!! xx

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat