hf1

Am I the only one to plan nappy use?

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:46 pm

The planning I have involves what they want to use at nursery (bumgenius or bamboo + wrap), what my partner will use at home (not poppers or nippas), then the rest I am free to use. Have unfortunately had to sell a few as I had a few nippa nappies and really too many of them for my use on weekends.

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:58 pm

How annoying to have to sell your lovely nippa nappies. :(
My DH is the opposite he hates velcro and will always choose a nippa nappy over poppers. :o
He says he can never work out which poppers to use!

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:05 pm

Nursery!!! Zacharia starts 2 morning a week in january! i think i will buy them some HH os's, as i would like more anyway and they are cute and easy!!!
havent broched cloth with her yet...tbh have only applied, but when i meet with her i will talk about it...tho if she was unhappy, i'd let her use sposies...it is such a wonderful place, i know he will love it there, Taneli did, and they staff are soo fab and eager to help, i doubt they would be unhappy with cloth or make any probs about anything (as long as i make it easy for them) but if they did, for those 2 mornings i'm happier that he is there and happy than somewhere else with a cloth bum.
but i may buy more HH's anyway!!! (prefering them to bgs!) do you think they will have more prints for december? maybe i will write to them and ask

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:20 pm

Sounds to me like you just want an excuse to buy a new nappy Shevi! Charlotte's nursery are fine with her nappies. We send in 2 parts as that is what Mark has always preferred and he did her settling in and showed them how to do them. They are also my most reliable and I don't want any leaking. I have had to switch to disposable liners but mostly because I was losing fleece ones - I think they just threw them away without thinking and I didn't want to cause a fuss - and tbh I wouldn't want to deal with another baby's poo either :lol:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:58 pm

They threw fleece liners away?! :shock:

We use both pockets and two-parts at Isabelle's nursery and I use fleece liners in the two-parts and so far I've not had a problem with them in the 10months she's been there...

I guess if they're used to using disposable liners that could be why but surely they can tell that they're different and made of cloth?!?! :roll:

BTW DH is the same with poppers, says he feels there's never a popper where he wants them to be!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:21 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:I guess if they're used to using disposable liners that could be why but surely they can tell that they're different and made of cloth?!?! :roll:

You see you say that but on Friday I was roaring with laughter when I took her trousers off at bath time - her ME Airflow was on inside out :shock: . Apparently it doesn't affect it's performance, it was white but even so, you would think the poppers would give it away.

The thing is Charlotte is still quite distressed when I drop her off so I can't really hang around to talk about nappies and Mark picks her up and she likes to make a fuss then to make us both feel guilty! so he forgets about the nappies. It is going pretty well considering they don't have any other children in cloth and I am just going with the flow at the mo' as she and them are still getting used to it.

It is quite funny really :lol:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:26 pm

Hehehe oh I so know what you mean...

I remember after the first few days of using cloth, one of the nursery staff asked me how long the nappies usually last - I said well 3-5hours depending on etc etc - she replied I wonder why she was soaked thru within 10mins, I asked if she'd put a wrap on at which point she blushed, made her excuses and ran off laughing to herself!!

I quite often find that they put her WN wraps on back to front, so much so that I've actually written "back" and "front" on the inside of one of them!!! :shock:

I think for ppl who're used to dealing with disposables, and for all my moans, our nursery actually do really well... And like you say, there's never the time to hang around and explain!!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:50 pm

Well cloth is not catching on round here, I am still looked at like a mad woman and this is from the nursery managers, other childminders don't 'get it' but I guess if they were handed a bg they would manage just fine :wink: Anything else and there could be probs!

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:50 pm

I usually rotate the nappies, but try my best to get the nicest, cutest and fluffiest to the top of the pile and into the changing bag when Im for out and about. When we are going somewhere and I know someone will spot her nappy I always put the Blueberry Minkis on now - they are one nappy which always get a comment!

Sadie xx

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat