hf1

Strange Shape...

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Strange Shape...

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon May 04, 2009 4:13 pm

Great - it seems Grace is a bit of an odd shape which is why various things aren't fitting right...

Grace seems to have a big bum (it looks tiny to me!!) and skinnyish legs...
The problem is that I can't do up the legs at the setting they need on both sides as there isn't enough fabric around the back of the nappy!!

*sigh*

So we're getting poo leaks out of loads of things... :babyrolleyes: :crossbaby:

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Strange Shape...

Postby charliesam » Mon May 04, 2009 4:42 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug:

no real suggestions as sam is the opposite- fat legs and skinny bum and v fat tum :giggle:

when he was little and skinny fitteds (flexitots and rikki wraps worked best) but when he was really small and skinny i used bambio mia prefolds and wraps which worked really well for us :D but at about 3 months discovered this site :twisted: :twisted:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon May 04, 2009 4:53 pm

:hug: what a pita (pardon the pun) Gracie is at a bit of an in between shape just now, some of her nappies have to be on the tightest snaps on one side but the next one in on the other side!! I'm sure Grace will change shape quicly and be fitting her nappies in no time at all - :giggle: at her having a big bum!!

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Mon May 04, 2009 5:16 pm

big bum and skinny legs hey?? erm.. wonderoos??

jan x

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon May 04, 2009 5:48 pm

JanX wrote: erm.. wonderoos??

Not the prettiest of pockets though :? :(
Are they a onesize pocket?
I think Jonny has one - might see if I can borrow it to see the fit...

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Mon May 04, 2009 7:25 pm

JanX wrote:big bum and skinny legs hey?? erm.. wonderoos??

jan x

Seriously, that is a revelation - everything has just clicked into place! I am one of the few who loves wonderoos - Blake has never had a leak in them even overnight or with explosive runs. Unlike ittis - which he very regularly has poop leaks with.

I call Blake 'moon bum Blakey' - his bum is huge (compared to Toby who I call 'peachy bum', I know i'm weird but I just love their little bums) :oops: . Although Blake looks nice and chubby to me his length is on a much higher centile than his weight so he must be relatively slim I suppose.

They are one-size, but if I had a girl there are definitely prettier ones that I would want. They do come in loads of colours though - I love royal blue, seaspray and orange on Blake.
I only converted to cloth when Blake was nearly 7 months and have been told that wonderoos aren't great when the rise is altered for smaller babies?

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Mon May 04, 2009 8:03 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:
JanX wrote: erm.. wonderoos??

Not the prettiest of pockets though :? :(
Are they a onesize pocket?
I think Jonny has one - might see if I can borrow it to see the fit...

no, not the prettiest, but a good staple everyday pocket of the fit and suit!

I never really got on with them as I found them too wide in the bum for the girls :D They fitted Lucas great for about 3 months when he was around 10 months (he went through a fat bum stage :wink: ). and yes, they are a onesize, although I think they are low rise (but then you know how high I like my nappy rise :giggle: :giggle: )

A friend of mine loves her wonderoos and her boys are chunky bummed little ones too :wink:

jan x

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Mon May 04, 2009 8:03 pm

I don't have any I'm afraid otherwise I would have offered to lend you one

jan x

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Mon May 04, 2009 8:09 pm

ooh, sorry I didn't think I could post you a neutral one yellow, green or a bluey/purple one for you to try?

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat