hf1

Whats your best cloth nappy buy and why?!?

My avatar
worcestercat
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Whats your best cloth nappy buy and why?!?

Postby worcestercat » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:10 pm

I'd been umming and arrring about using cloth for 6 months :giggle: and was nearly drawn into these birth to potty packs several times but spending that much money on something I wasn't sure about just didn't feel right.

It was only when I popped into TK Maxx and found a Tots Bots Birth to Potty pack for less than half price, I felt I could take the plunge! :babyroll: I loved using the nappy nippas with the nappies and I added Motherease wraps (BOMB PROOF) with them which were a perfect combination.

I haven't looked back since. :wine:

My avatar
purplehearts
Clothie
Clothie

Postby purplehearts » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:09 pm

Hmm, how to choose?? I've been happy with most of Ciaran's nappies - I did a lot of research before I started buying so have only had a couple of disappointments & no major disasters.
GreenKids Anytimes are my staple nappy, so reliable and the bamboo inserts are amazing - I use them in all my pockets.
For popper fastening pockets, I've been impressed with Fuzzis - reliable and a great fit on my son.
For 'luxury' nappies, I like WeeNotions side snaps. The One Sizes weren't a good fit on Ciaran, a lot of leg gaping, but the side snaps are great. Also been impressed with Ittis - such a slim fit but pretty absorbant too with the mini booster. They're always commented on when we're out and about and have led to a lot of cloth nappy interest!
For night nappies, Minki Huggles have never let me down but they're not all that exciting and the terry does start to look a bit worn - I've just bought a Night Notion and I think I'm in love, it's gorgeous! I stuck with the cheaper bamboo towelling option, and wasn't expecting to be that blown away by it, but it's lovely so soft and squidy, and more importantly, very reliable. It's also very slim fitting for the amount of absorbancy.
There were are, managed to limit myself to just 6 nappies! lol

My avatar
Kitartas
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Kitartas » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:44 am

worcestercat wrote:I'd been umming and arrring about using cloth for 6 months :giggle: and was nearly drawn into these birth to potty packs several times but spending that much money on something I wasn't sure about just didn't feel right.

It was only when I popped into TK Maxx and found a Tots Bots Birth to Potty pack for less than half price, I felt I could take the plunge! :babyroll: I loved using the nappy nippas with the nappies and I added Motherease wraps (BOMB PROOF) with them which were a perfect combination.

I haven't looked back since. :wine:

wow what a great bargain for you !!!

my best buy - hmmm i'm in australia and think the best nappies i have purchased (other than my own which i make so that doesn't count) were abby gros - great fit and nice and fluffy - all was good until DD learnt to sit up and we got compression leaks through the fleece - now we have to use PUL all in 2s

not the best customer service though :doh:

My avatar
candiceandbump
Clothie
Clothie

Postby candiceandbump » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:21 pm

hi guys! am new here so thought i'd join this! :)

haha!

"It was only when I popped into TK Maxx and found a Tots Bots Birth to Potty pack for less than half price, I felt I could take the plunge! :babyroll: I loved using the nappy nippas with the nappies and I added Motherease wraps (BOMB PROOF) with them which were a perfect combination."

i've found the same with the motherease wraps!!

I use motherease one size nappy andhave found them great! was worried about the size so originally hired the "new born hire kit" from Little Green eathlets when i gave birth (which hardly cost a penny) and then bought a full time kit! no problems, no leaks and really cute wraps :)

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:20 pm

Hi, I'm new here too!

My best buys for regular everyday nappies have been BG v3 BTP - only had 2 poo leaks in 4 months, and no wee leaks. They are a bit boring though, so I have recently started buying some more interesting nappies pre-loved. My favourite of those is the WNSS - they are such a neat fit compared with the BG - mainly because they are sized nappies I think.

I loved aplix at first, but having seen the mess my mesh bags are in from the BG velcro I'm now being converted to poppers.

My best bargain was the Nature Babies bamboo loveables - I use these overnight and have never had a leak in them - they were £5 each brand new from ebay, and even without a tumble dryer they are soft on babies bum :-)

My avatar
danistark
Clothie
Clothie

Postby danistark » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:44 am

Definitely have to say ... and I know it's a bit dippy but ... my terry nappies! Oh and my BBH bamboo fitted. I only have one but ti is so great for nights under the BBH wool covers, which got me into wool. So, I love wool! Er, but it's hard to just pick one thing. Maybe my <http://terrynappies.blogspot.com/2010/01/terry-nappies.html terry nappies (yup I made a whole website about them cos I can rant about them all day actually :P)since they are just so ridiculously versatile in the end. I use them a lot over summer when babies can go bare except for thin breathable nappy (yay)! :) I can even use them at night with a booster inside the BBH wool covers, which makes me happy, as WAY WAY WAY less drying time :D

My avatar
purpleduck
Clothie
Clothie

Postby purpleduck » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:54 pm

Best so far; Tots bots bamboozles, little lambs bamboo , both with a motherease airflow wrap, the little lambs pocket and the itti bitti snap in one.
so that's 4.

My avatar
mamarozi
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mamarozi » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:07 am

Little Lambs.
I do also love the Bumgenius, but am bothered every single time, when its time to stuff. With LLs, its just nappy on, wrap on and voila! I can take them straight from the line and put them on!

My avatar
jasmine b
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jasmine b » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:16 am

best buy definetely HOs as although expensive - fit like a dream unlike the many pockets ive bought which are cute but we dont get on with them at all :( worst ever buy though were the onelifes we started with - total waste of money :oops:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat