I think I've killed my green Bumgenius!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

I think I've killed my green Bumgenius!

Postby clothmama » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:00 am

Gutted! At the bbq on Sunday he was in his green bg and spilt pinapple juice all over his chair and it was all on his nappy, I didn't worry to much, he was then playing on the ground and ended up pretty filthy! I put it in the sink on Monday morning to soak while waiting for the wash and just got the wash out to find that it has little black marks all over it :cry: :cry: I even put some vanish on it before putting it in the wash. wondering if its not mould tbh thats what it looks like although there is no smell or anything. Hope it will fade ro go away but not feeling to hopeful :cry: :cry: :cry:

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:31 am

Awwww noooooo i love my BG and i have found it super reliable so i would be gutted if mine was ruined. Hope it's salvagable hun

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:31 am

Oh no! Quick, do a trawl of internet sites for stain removal!!

Best bet it so soak in bio powder solution and then re-wash...

I've got black spots on one of Isabelle's tops from banana and tho' it never came out it did at least fade over time...

Hope it comes out though!!

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:47 am

oh no!! hope that it comes off hun, I'd give it a good soak in a stain remover I'd be gutted too :(

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:16 pm

Arghhhhhh! How awful. Here's hoping it comes out and your BG is returned to its former glory.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:42 pm

Hope you find something which shifts the stains, maybe even the french sunshine would work.

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:37 pm

Oh no how terrible!!!!! hope you manage to get it out :!:

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:42 pm

I've just done exactly the same to the airflow wrap I got from Sarah - orange juice all over and has come out of the wash this morning with black and red spots all over it.

I've rewashed with ecover stain remover, it helped a bit but it's still really noticeable :(

Let us know if you manage to fix it Tory.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:15 am

note to self to not show off his nappies by leaving off the shorts!!!! dh suggested soaking in some bio washing powder so I'm going to try that and some vanish next wash!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat