hf1

How long between changes?

My avatar
doodlebug
Clothie
Clothie

How long between changes?

Postby doodlebug » Fri May 08, 2009 7:09 pm

How long do you leave between changes? I mainly use bambino mio's on dd and i like them as they are quite slim. I have to change her every couple of hours, maybe manage 3 hrs if we are lucky, although they wouldn't leak the whole prefold would be soaked. Does that sound ok? I don't really mind changing her every 2hrs as the nappies dry quickly anyway but i assume as she gets older she's need a different type of nappy or some boosting to keep her dry that long?

ETA she is 10 months old

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: How long between changes?

Postby 2climbingboys » Fri May 08, 2009 7:16 pm

That sounds very often to be honest. I change Blake's nappy's every 3-4 hours( unless he poops before that time obviously), but pretty much all the types I have can last longer absorbency wise. I have forgotten a couple of times on days out before (bad mummy :oops: ) and they haven't leaked after 6 hours.

Saying that he isn't a particularly heavy wetter.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Fri May 08, 2009 7:27 pm

I usually change Katie every 2.5 - 3 hours although her nappies would probably last much longer. It sounds like you need to either boost the prefolds or get some more absorbent nappies TBH.

My avatar
doodlebug
Clothie
Clothie

Postby doodlebug » Fri May 08, 2009 7:31 pm

Thanks. I will try boosting them to see how that goes.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Fri May 08, 2009 7:32 pm

I would be disappointed if I couldn't get 4 hours out of my nappies, although we tend to change every 3 hours unless we get a poo in between which actually happens quite alot!

Ben often naps 2-3 hours in the day and he doesn't always like being changed directly before or after a nap so I like to get him up for a play knowing he won't leak.

Also with a VERY active 1 year old, nappy changes aren't always a pleasant experience with him trying to escape so having to change every 2 hours would actually drive me mad :furious:

I would say you need to boost or look to some different nappies :wink:

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Fri May 08, 2009 7:55 pm

I still change every 2 to 3 hours and most of the time the nappies are soaked but it is stretching to more like 3. It depends on how heavy your little one actually wets and if it hasn't leaked out of the wrap then they still might have another hour or two in them :wink:

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Fri May 08, 2009 8:25 pm

I change around 2hrs, 3 if I'm lucky - lo is a heavy wetter. We've tried loads of different combinations of boosting, but tbh sometimes it works, others she's soaked.

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby moonfruit » Fri May 08, 2009 8:37 pm

Hi

I change Ted about every 2.5 - 3 hours and the twins about every 3 - 3.5 but sometimes they have gone 4 hours if they have fallen asleep. I think a more absorbent nappy would help. I found motherease and wn wraps to be really reliable when we were using pul wraps but we now only use wool and have no problems. Will has been really poorly, and a WNNL and a pair of pixie knit longies lasted 5.5 hours yesterday as he slept for 3 hours, he fell asleep just before I could change him. Pockets only last us about 2.5 hours really but we only tend to use these when we're out and about.

Lisa x

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri May 08, 2009 8:44 pm

I change Gracie every 3 hours or so, sometimes a bit longer if she is napping. x

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat