hf1

Does such a nappy exist?

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Does such a nappy exist?

Postby JennyPenny » Sat May 09, 2009 9:16 pm

I am getting frustrated because everytime I think I have it all sorted, something changes and we get leaks!

I want something:
- Fleece lined
- Reliable to use on a heavy wetter
- Pretty/girly
- SLIM FITTING!
- Doesn't turn to cardboard in hard water.
- Doesn't cost loads!

Considering selling my BBOS so want to look into alternatives first!

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Does such a nappy exist?

Postby Frances » Sat May 09, 2009 9:54 pm

Jasmine used to be a heavy wetter in the daytime and we got on very well with WNOS, stuffed with hemp and bamboo. Not that expensive if you go for a basic cuddlesoft or fleece outer and can resist the embroideries!

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Sat May 09, 2009 10:04 pm

Hopefully - I think I have one that matches all but the girly bit. I have got a soy UD fitted side snap nappy. Mine has arrived lined with baby blue fleece and has cute little baby blue teddy poppers, but i'm sure they would do a girly pink lined and poppered version? (It isn't as slim as the ella's house hemp nappy I have, but that wouldn't be suitable for a heavy wetter.)

I am also tempted by WNNL, they can be unisex or more girly depending on the outer you choose?
Last edited by 2climbingboys on Sat May 09, 2009 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Sat May 09, 2009 10:05 pm

Thanks for your reply!

Do you just use any hemp and bamboo inserts or do you have WN ones?

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Sat May 09, 2009 10:09 pm

Sorry, cross posted!

I have been wondering about UD fitteds actually. As you know, I love their night nappies but haven't tried daytime ones. I am regretting not adding one to my last order now! I am too scared to go back on the website incase I spend too much! We actually have NO money now though, so have to wait till I have some more funds! But if I find things I like, it will give me more encouragement to sell some of what I have!

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Sat May 09, 2009 10:13 pm

JennyPenny wrote:Thanks for your reply!

I don't *think* WN are selling inserts at the moment -I tend to use a Wonderfull hemp insert with one or bamboo bamboo inserts or boosters on top, I have a few different brands.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Sat May 09, 2009 10:18 pm

Frances wrote:

I don't *think* WN are selling inserts at the moment -I tend to use a Wonderfull hemp insert with one or bamboo bamboo inserts or boosters on top, I have a few different brands.

How long does that last J, Frances? I'm trying to gauge how heavy-wetting Iris is. A hemp Wonderful with bamboo booster is about 3 hours at the moment. But overnight she's so light wetting, I can get away with a BH boosted with bamboo. :shock:

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Sat May 09, 2009 10:45 pm

Soupdragon wrote:
Frances wrote:

How long does that last J, Frances? I'm trying to gauge how heavy-wetting Iris is. A hemp Wonderful with bamboo booster is about 3 hours at the moment. But overnight she's so light wetting, I can get away with a BH boosted with bamboo. :shock:

It was lasting her over 3 hours when she was out-weeing other pockets in 2 hours or less. She's a much lighter wetter in the day since she's been weaned though! I've tried a well-boosted BBH overnight a few times; it lasts 4 hours max :(

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat