hf1

I'm a goodmama addict

My avatar
Laura2904
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: I'm a goodmama addict

Postby Laura2904 » Tue May 19, 2009 1:15 pm

im planning on getting some when i have a bit more money ;)

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Thu May 21, 2009 9:40 pm

I got an Ooga Booga at the beginning of the yr, but it came with a broken snap :( It's still in its packet, and keep asking for a new snap to be sent out!

But they are not too disimilar to the ones I make, bamboo velour is expensive, but the most I've ever paid a metre is £12, and that will do 2 OS fitted's with a bamboo fleece core. One thing I do having problems with in this country is getting nice knit prints!!! I get gorgeous knits from the USA< and here, I jsut dont seem to find any with much spark iykwim but this shop here is my favourite for cotton knit!!! http://www.crybabysboutique.com/index.php/cPath/90

My avatar
Emma S
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Emma S » Fri May 22, 2009 2:06 pm

I quite like them, and have quite a few, but I prefer my T+T fitteds to the serged ones. I agree the bamboo velour is ititially super soft, but I find it goes bobbled quite quickly. The bamboo ones are more absorbant than the print ones. They are good 'work horse' nappies, and if they fit BTP then that is good.
The problems I have had with them are poppers coming off (luckily I have a KAM press so can re-attatch) and the elastic doesnt seem very long lasting - about half of mine are losing elasticity in the legs, pretty noticably, after not THAT long a use (maybe 18m max) especially as they are not used all the time. If I had bought them as BTP and this happened about half way through their supposed use-time I would be mighty annoyed. As it is I will just have to sell them cheap when we PT instaed of getting a reasonable price, but at least they will have done their job!
Last edited by Emma S on Fri May 22, 2009 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Fri May 22, 2009 3:36 pm

PoshMama wrote:uh oh what did you get?

Uhm... Degrade, Ooga Blues and Ooga Spice (found that one after I bought the blue so the blue will probably be up for grabs when it arrives :roll:), and Sakura Blush (wanted Tea but got a good deal on this one). As you can see, I got carried away and wasn't sensible about waiting 'til one had arrived before buying more! :oops:

My avatar
PoshMama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby PoshMama » Fri May 22, 2009 7:08 pm

rhead wrote:
PoshMama wrote:uh oh what did you get?

Uhm... Degrade, Ooga Blues and Ooga Spice (found that one after I bought the blue so the blue will probably be up for grabs when it arrives :roll:), and Sakura Blush (wanted Tea but got a good deal on this one). As you can see, I got carried away and wasn't sensible about waiting 'til one had arrived before buying more! :oops:

LOL I have a sakura blush OTW too

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat