hf1

Sizing and walking

My avatar
afterglow
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Sizing and walking

Postby afterglow » Sun May 10, 2009 6:14 pm

Do babies really slim down when they start walking? Blythe is on the last tummy popper setting in her medium bbh magic-alls, but there's still plenty of room (elastic barely stretched) on the legs.

So is she likely to slim down, or is that just a myth? According to her red book she shouldn't reach the maximum weight for medium until she's two.
Thank you.

My avatar
Lora1984
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Sizing and walking

Postby Lora1984 » Sun May 10, 2009 6:21 pm

in my experience they -do -changeshape when they are walking, they slim off and so id think she may slim bk into them.xxx

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun May 10, 2009 7:08 pm

Charlotte was 20lbs at 10 months. She was 23lbs 6 months later. So yes there weight gain slows down massively and the slim down and get taller. Even now at 3 she is only 32lbs.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sun May 10, 2009 7:10 pm

Yep, Katie definitely slimmed down when she started walking.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sun May 10, 2009 7:12 pm

yup, they do change shape, Gracie's weight hasn't changed but her shape has. x

My avatar
afterglow
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby afterglow » Sun May 10, 2009 7:17 pm

That's reassuring, thank you all. She is 15months and just over 21lbs I think. Apart from the early weeks she has never gained more than a pound every 6weeks so I'm finally starting to realise that it will take her a while to gain enough to put her into a large. It seems a bit weird though when I can gain 2lbs without even thinking about it, and it will take her months to do the same!

I checked, and it's actually the second to last popper so she's not quite as weeble like as I thought :giggle:

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Sun May 10, 2009 9:18 pm

I agree, Matthew certainly slimmed down a lot when he started walking. Hopefully the magic-alls will fit her for a good long while yet!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun May 10, 2009 9:19 pm

I've been wondering about this too, Summer is on the tightest snaps in ALL her nappies, I'm worried they will all be too big :cry: not sure what I could do about it as the rise on smalls would be too low :-?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sun May 10, 2009 9:49 pm

Hanna, Gracie always has and still is on pretty much the tightest snaps, her shape doesn't seemed to have affected the fit of her nappies, the only thing that has changed that we always have to fasten one leg on the tightest snaps and the other on the second tightest!!!!!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat