hf1

Holidays and no fluff??????

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Holidays and no fluff??????

Postby AnnetteandBen » Mon May 11, 2009 3:43 pm

When I went to America last Nov / Dec, I have to say I didn't take cloth, partly because of loosing them in the suitcase, not being in charge of the washing machine (staying with people) and mainly because of the space they would take up (I had 22 cardboard boxes to open on my arrival, some large enough to hide a whole family in which needed to fit into our luggage!)

I always take cloth in the UK, and this summer we are off to Butlins for a week so I think I will just take a week's worth :lol:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon May 11, 2009 3:50 pm

I was wondering the very same thing lastnight. WE are going to spain in July and I think I will take some nappies if only for her to wear at night with sundresses and little tops, I saw an adorable playsuit yesterday that I am going to get and lots of t-shirts that will look lovely with her nappies, not sure whether to take fitted or pockets though? We have a washing machine there so that's not a problem, just hope they son't get extra stinky in the roasting stinking hot sun!!!!

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Mon May 11, 2009 5:04 pm

We've only been on holiday in the UK since Matthew was born, and both times we've taken and used cloth. Going to Scotland this year and plan to take cloth for Evie.
If I was going abroad though I think I would just use disps - though would probably go for Moltex or similar. I'd be worried about losing cloth en route too after reading this thread!

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Mon May 11, 2009 6:17 pm

What's a holiday? :hohoho:

No seriously, we do a 5-day return once a year to visit my MIL and I've always used 'sposies for the trip, she doesn't have a dryer and the timing is awkward (basically 2 days travelling and 3 days 'there'), I know I wouldn't get a load of nappies washed and dried and would have to bring the bucket (don't have a wet bag!), and it all just seems like too much hassle. I definitely wouldn't feel bad about not bringing your fluff if it's awkward; you can always buy eco-biodegradable 'sposies if your conscience is getting at you. :wink:

My avatar
Steph
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Steph » Mon May 11, 2009 7:11 pm

I took my nappies with me to Blackpool last month, we were in a hotel so we just did one trip to the laundrette.

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Mon May 11, 2009 9:01 pm

Take them in your hand luggage. You are now allowed a bag AND a handbag. Plus dont forget both your kids are allowed a bag too...

My avatar
pookie3101
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby pookie3101 » Mon May 11, 2009 9:53 pm

I know how you feel. I'm off to Disneyland Paris at end of the month Anna is going to have to go in sposies.. I tried her in cloth last time we went but I couldn't get it to dry & it took up loads of luggage space. We are going on Eurostar so have to carry it & it just isn't worth it.

I'm taking my wool though & i actually may take a couple of nice nappies (maybe embroidered WN's) to go over the sposie if we have nice weather. Is that a sign of someone with a nappy problem :giggle:

I'm not sure I'd want to put nappies in the hold on a plane in case they went missing. ok if you can take as carry on though. could you take a few in your hand luggage & wash whilst away.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat