hf1

Cloth nappy new user...Starting to panic, lol!

My avatar
frankie_n_baby
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Cloth nappy new user...Starting to panic, lol!

Postby frankie_n_baby » Tue May 12, 2009 1:30 pm

So, I have done lots of research and chatted to people and now have a lovely nappy stash of various types of nappies ready for my imminent new arrival. However, I'm now looking at my nappies with a sense of rising panic- what the heck do I do with them?! Well, the poppered ones...I can't seem to get the hang of poppered nappies- they confuse me already (but admittedly, I haven't had a real play with them yet). I can't seem to fold my terries, either, although I've since found easier instructions. And I am a little confused by all the inserts...And when should I get night nappies?! The little lambs and BG, my main nappies, I'm ok with, though.

Sorry, more of a "gah, first baby is imminent and I feel like I won't have a clue" moment! :-?

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Re: Cloth nappy new user...Starting to panic, lol!

Postby Soupdragon » Tue May 12, 2009 1:41 pm

I had exactly the same think just before Iris was born. :hug: :wink: No matter how committed you are to it, cloth can seem a little overwhelming until you have a little bum to put in it. Have a play with the poppered ones. They are quite simple. They have to be - even DH can use them. :giggle: Can't help with the terries; I never got the hang of folding nappies. :oops: But the inserts will all become clear once you start using them, too. You'll soon figure out how to customise a pocket (and boost a fitted latter on) just right for your LO. As for night nappies, I'd not worry about those for the first couple of weeks. But once you want to think about them, Baby Beehinds can be a fab first choice. It'll be fine! :hug:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Tue May 12, 2009 2:03 pm

:hug: :hug: As Nichola said I'm sure you'll be fine once you have a little bum to put them on. If not, you know where we are for advice. :wink:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Tue May 12, 2009 3:16 pm

You WILL be fine, and if any problems arise when LO is here you know where we are!!

My avatar
frankie_n_baby
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby frankie_n_baby » Tue May 12, 2009 3:52 pm

Thank you, ladies- you warm the cockles of my heart! :hug: I'm sure I'll be pestering for advice :giggle: I'm going to have a proper play with those nappies tonight. I got some MEOS from freecycle, and am not sure how they popper, either. I think they're quite old ones..I'm sure it'll be easier once I have a little body to fit them to!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Tue May 12, 2009 4:58 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug: It really does get easier. I have to say the little lambs were my fav for the dopey middle of the day / night / what the clock says doesn't matter to me moments.

Can you practice on a teddy or doll?

I found terries really easy to fold in the jo fold, but I found to fold the whole pile in one go and store in a little neat basket / pile so they were ready to go for the next day or 2, otherwise a wriggly / crying tiny baby it just wouldn't have worked for me.

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Tue May 12, 2009 6:53 pm

Ooh, nearly there, how exciting! What are you planning on using for nights? We used mainly Tots (cotton/Bamboozles) and Little Lambs (cotton) during the day for size 1s, plus a few cuter fitteds, and Little Lamb bamboos for nights - they lasted the night no problem, although for the first couple of weeks (maybe longer, can't remember exactly :lol:) you'll probably need to change during the night as well (poo!).

Don't worry, you'll work it all out quite quickly. :mrgreen:

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Tue May 12, 2009 7:01 pm

I know totally what you mean. The whole having a baby thing (especially a first) is pretty overwhelming on its own.

You will be fine with the nappies. You've got little lambs and bgs to use and can test out the others in your own time. That's the fun of it all. :wink: Finding out what works for you and your little one and what doesn't, selling them on and buying more. :D :D

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Thankyou Moderators :)

Postby Allie » Tue May 12, 2009 7:04 pm

You'll be fine, don't worry. I'd definitely recommend trying them out on a teddy (that's what I did) and just playing around with them. Most of all have fun and enjoy testing them all out :D

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat