hf1

Cloth nappy new user...Starting to panic, lol!

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Cloth nappy new user...Starting to panic, lol!

Postby gayleygoo » Tue May 12, 2009 7:10 pm

Ooh its all so exciting and overwhelming!! But dont worry, you will get the hang of it very quickly :D You wont really need night nappies until your LO starts to sleep longer through the night.

You may well end up having a few leaks and poo explosion incidents, but its never a disaster! as you would anyway, just always have spare nappies, wipes and clothes to hand when you go anywhere and even the most major nappy emergency will be quickly over! And you will soon learn how much absorbency your baby needs, and the nappies that work the best. Have a good play with them and enjoy them while they're beautiful and clean and fluffy! :giggle:

My avatar
pookie3101
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby pookie3101 » Tue May 12, 2009 8:05 pm

It is hard when you don't have a bum to put in them. Try & practice on a doll or teddy or something but don't panic. You'll always be able to get advice from someone on here. I'm sure it will all com to you once you are using them for real

My avatar
frankie_n_baby
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby frankie_n_baby » Wed May 13, 2009 10:20 am

Thanks!

I have tried to have a look at practising on teddies but they're all either teeny teddies or way too big :giggle:

I hadn't really thought what to use at night, as I am assuming I'll have to change during the night, too at the beginning. I have bamboo LLs as well as cotton, and a couple of bamboo tots bots. I am expecting accidents at first, but don't mind that too much, I think. Glad I'm not/haven't been alone! :babyroll:

ETA any other recommendations for night nappies and when to start using them would be good, too! I had heard about the baby beehinds being good, but had forgotten I'd heard that! It is exciting thinking about all the possibilities, though! Just hope I get round to selling on those I don't get on with.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed May 13, 2009 10:52 am

We didn't change Grace at night unless she pooped and she didn't from the start so we've been needing night nappies straight away - to start with I just used tots bamboo boosters or babeco hemp boosters to boost our bimbles...
I either pop them in the nappy or place between nappy and wrap (altho' that's not possible in longies)
Now I use either a boosted flutterby fluff, or I use a bamboo baby beehind... Planning to use my OS mutts for nights when they arrive too...
I find onesize nappies a bit bulky for daytime just yet but they're perfect for nights...

Shame I can't come round and demonstrate for you!!

I didn't bother with terry squares, couldn't be doing with folding :giggle:

I would start with velcro nappies as it's a little easier to start with... Although Isabelle's first cloth nappy was poppers (not counting the bambino mios) and Grace's first nappy was a nippa nappy...
Do you have any thirsties? They're definately the simplest fitted we own...

Honestly though you'll get the hang of it in no time :)

You'll have to do a stash list/pic for us! :giggle:

My avatar
nikkib
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby nikkib » Wed May 13, 2009 11:28 am

scrunchkins wrote:You'll be fine, don't worry. I'd definitely recommend trying them out on a teddy (that's what I did) and just playing around with them. Most of all have fun and enjoy testing them all out :D

I would suggest that too! I had a play with all of mine like that while awaiting my LOs!

Nikki

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed May 13, 2009 1:07 pm

Benjamin was always changed overnight, when he woke up for a feed, before being put down I seem to always remember a nappy change in the early months.

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Wed May 13, 2009 7:23 pm

You'll be absolutely fine when you have a wee bum to put them on! Have a play around with them and you'll soon get to know what goes where. Here's a link for instructions on how to popper the MEOS for different sized babies.

http://www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk/motherease.htm

Just shout if you need anything. You'll soon get the hang of it. Just remember you don't need to use cloth all the time immediately. Try one or two a day when you feel ready and build from there. hth

Cathleen xx

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat