My LL freebie doesn't fit!

My avatar
Zingylemontart
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover
Une bonne tarte francaise

My LL freebie doesn't fit!

Postby Zingylemontart » Wed May 13, 2009 9:19 am

:( :( :( DS is only 12 weeks old, so when I requested the free nappy from Little Lamb, I opted for the 0-9 months size. It came the other day, I managed to get it on him, (barely), but it's so tiny it leaked in no time. I'm fed up, 'cos they look so cute. :doh: Plus it was meant to be my "try out" of two parters.

Can you tell I'm hacked off?! :roll:

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: My LL freebie doesn't fit!

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Wed May 13, 2009 10:06 am

Hun I've used LL's from birth with lo and since she was a few weeks old, I've ALWAYS had to boost them with hemp under the inserts. Which material did u get? If u got bamboo, it'll take a good few washes to get the absorbency up. Could also be that the nappy is faulty if it's not fitting ur lo, our size 1 still fit lo and she's 16.5lbs now - I'd contact them, I'm sure they'd rather send u another than lose a potential customer :)
TBH they're not my nappy of choice, they're just used if all the others are being washed/dried.

HTH

Chellex

My avatar
Zingylemontart
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover
Une bonne tarte francaise

Postby Zingylemontart » Wed May 13, 2009 10:14 am

Thanks Chelle

He's 16lb 15oz (yes, I know - :shock: :shock: ). The nappy would barely go round him. (It's cotton, BTW)

I'd feel a bit cheeky contacting them and saying the freebie you sent me isn't right! :oops:

I'll give it some thought.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed May 13, 2009 10:18 am

Zingylemontart wrote:He's 16lb 15oz (yes, I know - :shock: :shock: ). The nappy would barely go round him. (It's cotton, BTW)
:shock: :shock: Wow I'm not suprised it doesn't fit...

I doubt it's faulty - You could contact them and they might let you have a larger one for the postage cost...

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Wed May 13, 2009 10:18 am

Wow, thats an impressive weight for 12wks :) I love cuddly babies!
I see what u mean about contacting them, didn't think of it that way lol. Why don't u put it in the classifieds are see if anyone wants to swap for a size 2? U never know :)

My avatar
rhiannon
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby rhiannon » Wed May 13, 2009 4:08 pm

Am glad I'm not the only one with this problem. I got a free size 1 bamboo for my boy to try (he's 16.5lb too) thinking because it was okay upto 9 months size wouldn't be a problem. Silly not to measure him etc... anyway I had the same it leaked everywhere after a few hours and his clothes were soaking. Wishing I'd ordered a size 2 as well.

Mind you in the nappy's defence only washed it and inserts once so maybe it's not up to speed yet!

It is lovely and soft though and I prefer the wrap to the baby beehinds ones I have just because of the cuff bit seems a bit neater to me.

It's been one of those nappy days he weed all over himself twice too so I'm on my 3rd set of clothes!!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed May 13, 2009 4:58 pm

Bamboo takes quite a lot of washes (around 6-8 IIRC) to reach full absorbency...

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed May 13, 2009 5:17 pm

Even cotton takes 3+ washes to get to full absorbancy

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Wed May 13, 2009 10:01 pm

Wow to these cuddly babies, I can still squeeze Finn into his size 1 LLs :giggle: I found a size 1 tots rainbow fleece lurking at the back of a drawer a couple of days ago and I can still get that over his LLs too!

I really like them and find them very reliable, might be worth asking them if they'd do a swap as Steph suggested, especially if you tell them you're hoping to buy a few if the size 2 fit better :wink:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat