hf1

wicking Blueberries

My avatar
DevonLou
Clothie
Clothie

wicking Blueberries

Postby DevonLou » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:32 pm

I don't have a great track record with pockets, but anyway...

I bought one side snap pocket blueberry, and it is of course adorable (pink lilac and green spots). However, it always wicks badly around the legholes. I got it with the mf insert, and never really rate them alone, so have tried the following:

folded bamboo terry
Folded bamboo terry, Ella's house hemp behind
as above but P'tit Dessours behind
The insert it came with with any of the above 'behind' ones behind.

It looks a nice fit, so what is going wrong? Bea is in the large size, 26 pounds and 19 months, tightest poppers all round.

Thanks,

Lou

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:56 pm

So sorry you are having trouble with it, they are the most gorgeous nappies. Don't know what to sugest as I find them really reliable and have never had any leaks, we also have the non-minki side snap ones and use them all with the combo hemp and micro-fibre inserts with great success.

Don't know why you are getting leaks, Bea sounds about the same size as Georgia who is 18 months and about 23lb, she also wears the large on the tightest poppers.

My avatar
DevonLou
Clothie
Clothie

Postby DevonLou » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:07 am

Bea's side snap is a minki fabric one - does that make a difference? I only have a MF insert that it came with - did I order the wrong sort, I can't recall what I asked for! Anyway, it does look adorable on her, just wish it was more reliable.

Thanks,

Lou

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:57 am

My minki side-snap one did wick after a couple of hours, not our most reliable nappy I have to say...

Sadly I bought a medium and it was on the loosest poppers and I've had to take it out of circulation as tho' it fits round her middle it leaves marks on the outside top of her thighs :(

That said my minki onesize doesn't wick...

I use the uber-long hemp/mf combo onesize insert...

My avatar
lili
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby lili » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:54 pm

Sadly I bought a medium and it was on the loosest poppers and I've had to take it out of circulation as tho' it fits round her middle it leaves marks on the outside top of her thighs

does that mean your selling it??!!! :lol: :wink:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:43 pm

Heh I'm not sure, I might do... It's hardly been worn so should fetch a fair price too... But I might have to get a replacement in Large first!! :lol:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat