hf1

Argggh - soaking through her fitteds now :(

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Argggh - soaking through her fitteds now :(

Postby tanya » Sat May 16, 2009 10:38 am

Well, Bella was in a Hollow Oak fitted (usually uber absorbant) for 2.5 hours this morning, and when I just changed it, the nappy was absolutely soaked as were her woollies :( I've recently stripped all the nappies so I know it's not that.

I'm at a bit of a loss of what to do now... I have a pretty good stash of absorbant nappies - JRs, HO, WNNL etc, but she is still wetting through them soooo quickly.

Luckily we have some new longies from Ali turning up soon, so we can change her longes during the day. Atm she has to wear the same pair all day - which is fine with her other Pixie Knits longies, but if I use her interlock from HO, they are soaked within hours. It's not as if she could wear her HO longies for half the day and then her PK for the other half as the interlock just won't last that long. DH doesn't actually use the interlock for that very reason.

I think I need to start boosting the nappies. But most of the hemp pieces I have are too wide to fit inside the fitteds I have.

Short of having a stash completely made of night nappies for use during the day, I don't know what else to do.

Another problem is her NEW night nappies are no longer working properly and need serious boosting to last the night. I've been putting an EP hemp insert + 2 bamboo boosters in with the normal inserts in her night nappy.

How much more can this baby wet??? :shock: :shock:

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Argggh - soaking through her fitteds now :(

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sat May 16, 2009 10:44 am

:hug: :hug: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Perhaps it is teeth? I know occasionally I am at my wits end and then it stops after a couple of days. Hopefully it will be the same for you....

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Sat May 16, 2009 10:45 am

Could you maybe buy some hemp material and make your own boosters for the nappies? That way you could make them the right width for each nappy and it shouldn't be too expensive either.
:hug:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sat May 16, 2009 10:50 am

AnnetteandBen wrote::hug: :hug: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Perhaps it is teeth? I know occasionally I am at my wits end and then it stops after a couple of days. Hopefully it will be the same for you....

She does have teeth coming through atm, but this has been going on for a while - at least since she came back from holiday. I know she's drinking more, but I'm not about to start restricting her drinks.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sat May 16, 2009 10:51 am

cherobanne wrote:Could you maybe buy some hemp material and make your own boosters for the nappies? That way you could make them the right width for each nappy and it shouldn't be too expensive either.
:hug:

Nice idea, but I have absolutely no sewing skills whatsoever. So many of my coats are missing buttons cos either I don't sew them back on or I do, and they fall off again a couple of weeks later.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat May 16, 2009 10:54 am

I have some really narrow hemp boosters that I use in Katie's bedbugs, can't remember the name of them. If I can remember or find some similar I'll let you know. Peachy Cheeks bamboo boosters fit nicely in JR's and HO's as they're hourglass shaped.

My avatar
pookie3101
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby pookie3101 » Sat May 16, 2009 11:53 am

oh no Tanya, can't believe she's wetting even more than before. I'm luck that Anna really doens't drink loads during the day (well she would if i gave her squash) so she wees enough but not too much. i use Greenkids boosters in my fitteds when they need boosting.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sat May 16, 2009 11:57 am

Bella does have squash, but it's the sugar-free high juice stuff and she literally has a splash in the bottom of her cup to give it a little flavour and colours the water a little, but not enough for strong flavour.

Neither DH or I want to restrict her drinks - she's always drank a lot, even when she was only on water she'd get through a lot of cups in a day.

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Sat May 16, 2009 12:29 pm

I would try giving her just water. You won't be restricting her drinks but she might just drink what she needs rather than lots becasue she likes the taste.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat