hf1

Argggh - soaking through her fitteds now :(

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Argggh - soaking through her fitteds now :(

Postby flutterby » Sun May 17, 2009 9:11 am

Just something to think about, but as you may know Jak wee's alot, and like Bella he loves his juice, we don't limit what he can drink, but he's only allowed 2 cups of juice (well it's barely juice now is it but y'know what I mean) then if he wants anything to drink after that he gets offered water, unfortunately he still drinks lots so he just likes to be well hydrated it seems, but he does drink it much slower, that may be some food for thought!

Anyway as for the nappies, I always boosted out side nappies as Jak just soaked to much for wool so we used PUL, but as you can't do that I would say maybe try swaddlebees inserts as they are meant to be really narrow!

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sun May 17, 2009 9:28 am

flutterby wrote:Just something to think about, but as you may know Jak wee's alot, and like Bella he loves his juice, we don't limit what he can drink, but he's only allowed 2 cups of juice (well it's barely juice now is it but y'know what I mean) then if he wants anything to drink after that he gets offered water, unfortunately he still drinks lots so he just likes to be well hydrated it seems, but he does drink it much slower, that may be some food for thought!

Anyway as for the nappies, I always boosted out side nappies as Jak just soaked to much for wool so we used PUL, but as you can't do that I would say maybe try swaddlebees inserts as they are meant to be really narrow!

You see, Bella is like this too - no matter what is offered, whether water or squash/juice she drinks loads. If we go into town and forget her drink, we buy a bottle of water for her to drink (500ml) and she will quite often drink half of it whilst in town (over a couple of hours). I thinks she's another one who does not like being even slightly dehydrated. Both my nephews are the same, and one of them has water and the other juice - they are constantly drinking.

I think I'm just gonna have to find some more boosting for the nappies.

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Sun May 17, 2009 1:57 pm

Elouise is like this too. She only has milk or water to drink. She is now weeing too much for pockets so am selling most of them, just saving some for Talia. The fitted nappies we have are all pretty absorbant, but we have no chance without boosting. Depending on what fitted she is wearing we use EP hemp or a peacy cheecks booster - or if not then just whatever I can find! Night times are getting silly now really and TBH last night I got fed up and she wore a disposable :oops: And TBH she slept a lot better, I hate to admit. It was drenched and huge by morning and she had leaked slightly, but better than the HUGE amount of boosting she needs in a washable. We are trying to cut down the milk she drinks in the evening/night at the moment. We do intend to use washables at night, just had a night off tonight.

But yes, I would boost the day nappies and see how you go.

And TBH if she is happy with water, I would just give that rather than juice.

My avatar
chezalan
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby chezalan » Sun May 17, 2009 7:42 pm

Thats soooo much to drink....Anais drinks about 2 beakers of water(tesco ones about 6 onz i would think) in 24 hours and no milk, so i have the opposite problem to you, but if she drank anymore she wouldnt eat. I dont give my kids juice for the reason they dont eat if they drink it lol.
I have no ideas on the napys, an itty bitty d lish no booster lasts anais 4 hours and at night shes in a size 3 disposable and its never got more than one pee in it :giggle:
I would just give her water to and not restrict her drinks, cos if shes drinking it she needs it xx

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat