OMG...NO MORE NAPPIES!

My avatar
rachyrach
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

OMG...NO MORE NAPPIES!

Postby rachyrach » Sat May 16, 2009 12:11 pm

OMG...i HAVE NO CLEAN NAPPIES! :shock: :shock:

I thought I would be able to get by today, I knew I would be pushing it but thought if I used a couple of night nappies I would be okay.Hannah has pooed THREE TIMES already today and I have run out. Why did I sell those nappies that I don't reach for....I would have reached for them today! :x
Between DH not hanging out washing, :roll: more washing competing with radiator space because of rain, Hannah's sore bum and dicky tummy at nursery all I have left is one carefully guarded BumHugger for tonight.

I am embarrassed to admit but Hannah has just gone down for a nap in a...........Huggies Little Swimmers :oops: :oops:

And that is the last one because we normally use a costume with a built in swim nappy!

What next???
A rolled up towel???

Fingers crossed that the wind can dry a nappy before it rains again. I have 1hr 30 mins until she wakes up!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: OMG...NO MORE NAPPIES!

Postby Louise » Sat May 16, 2009 12:16 pm

:shock: Eek. Hope you can get a nappy dried in time. If not an old towel cut up will do the job. :wink:

My avatar
afterglow
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby afterglow » Sat May 16, 2009 12:27 pm

oh no! fc for a windy dry day for you. I hope the Little Swimmers works ok.

What a good excuse (sorry reason) to buy 2 or 3 quick-drying pockets though :wink:

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Sat May 16, 2009 12:32 pm

eeeek fc they dry soon

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Sat May 16, 2009 1:33 pm

oh no!!

do the huggies swimmers hold any wee? i thought they were just designed to hold a poo!

If you are really desperate to use cloth, an old cut up towel or a cotton t-shirt wrapped around the bum will do! (i did this one time we were out and both clean nappies id brought got pooed all over within minutes! t-shirt worked until we got home anyway!) :giggle:

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Sat May 16, 2009 2:09 pm

Oh no. :-?

I had to put Rhys in a pair of his 6yo cousin's underpants stuffed with a couple of flannels once when I was at my sister's house and hadn't bothered to take any nappies up with me (as I'd only planned to be there an hour :roll: ). It wasn't waterproof, but lasted long enough to get back to my mam's and into a new nappy :giggle:

My avatar
rachyrach
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby rachyrach » Sat May 16, 2009 2:48 pm

:hohoho: at all the other make shift nappies in emergencies!

Well she slept for an hour and then she pooed in the little swimmers as well! Good job they do contain poo.
Luckily it has been very breezy and i managed to cherry pick an insert and a nappy that were dry off the line. Phew! Poor little thing, her bottom is so sore.

The lesson to be learned here is that I think I may need to do a bit of fluff shopping, I do not want to find myself in this situation again......far too stressful :wink: :hohoho:
Last edited by rachyrach on Sat May 16, 2009 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Sat May 16, 2009 7:18 pm

:hohoho: at some of the emergency nappies. I normally have a pack of despicables kicking around the house, just in case (Iris tends to outgrow them before they're used and then I pass them on to a 'sposie-using Mum), but we're all out at the moment (she outgrew!). This thread is a definite education on what you can use when pushed. :giggle:

My avatar
Lora1984
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Lora1984 » Sat May 16, 2009 7:29 pm

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:
loving some of the emergency suggestions! and glad u have a dry one now!! typical it happenned today eh? iv just finieshed mine in the drier as i needed a bebug for Ryder for bed and Ayeshas fuzzi needed to be dry... hardly ever use the dryer and feel guilty its been used twice today :shock: :oops:
defo sounds like a good excuse for fluffy shopping imo!! xxx

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat